Chapter Nine

Luna's Pov
It usually was always a one in fifty chance that when you imprint on someone, they wouldn't accept those feelings or reject it. In the tribe there was a lot of old tales about some rejected imprints being so bad that both parties ended up dead, how scary it was that we had something we couldn't even control placed on us and we had to accept it as normal.

Jacob hated imprints with a deep passion, while others anticipated who their could be. Jake imprint said it took away your free will as a human and that you never would be yourself when it happened, phasing already took away your emotion control but having your heart at bay as well. He could go on rants for days.

Me and Edward had quite the balance going on, with starting slow before officially starting the dating process. I would read his thoughts when he wasn't blocking it out to me on purpose, he could read mine if I wasn't blocking him. I would come visit him at Forks, and when he felt comfortable he would visit me during my portal hours of hang out at my house finally after my mom had finally loosened up a bit about the imprint.

His face firmly scrunched up for a moment pushing up the fork from his face when I shoved the cheesy fries into his face.

"Those smell so gross and also equally taste gross how can you eat all that?" I snickered to myself watching him lick his inner cheek a couple times a small hum of sorts leaving him as he watched me stuff my face with food happily. My one true second source of happiness.

"Cause I burn calories quickly when I phase?" I said like a matter of fact watching him hand over a napkin to me, clearing his throat while he propped his arms over leaning against them to keep his golden eyes on me.

"How many calories would you say you burn?" I cleaned up my face for a moment with ease, gently rubbing at my chin after taking a sip from my water.

"Way too many, but then Emily is always feeding us. I think she is trying to make us all day on purpose." Edward scrunched his nose up crinkling it up a few times still keeping his eyes on me there was a unreadable emotion flicking between his eyes.

"I think I'm gonna learn cooking for you- you seem to genuinely like food, more than any human I've ever seen." I then blurted out through suddenly loud laugher feeling the way my body shook.

"Cause I'm a fat ass." I exclaimed through my laughter the loudest snort left Edward hearing him laugh trying to muffle it through his arms groaning.

"What am I gonna do with you Luna." I just kept chuckling to myself using my hand to thread all through his tossled  hair snickering more.

"I think you are way too use to me being near you aren't you Edward." He just grabbed my hand after lifting his head up pressing a kiss onto the back of my hand tracing his thumb on the smooth surface of my palm. I couldn't ever maintain eye contact with him since he made me so damn nervous studying my every move.

"Graduation party! Yes yes graduation party!" I perked up a soft grin spreading across my face when Alice had roughly pushed open the glass doors connecting to the inner cafeteria coming out where both me and Edward were sitting outside flopping to sit on the edge of the table with ease.

"Huh? What's going on Alice?" I asked the hyper short haired girl, Edward had placed my hand to rest firmly into his lap, leaving me to gulp down the rest of my water as quickly as I could tossing the empty bottle now into the open trash him near us.

"I have decided to throw an awesome graduation party. You are invited Luna you even can help me! I've invited like all the graduation classes." I found myself snorting at her excitement though she was my best friend, It would give me something aside from sleeping to do.

"That sounds fun actually. I graduated uhh." I blinked trying to recall finding myself laughing at their shocked expressions.

"Last week yeah." I then nodded firmly seeing Edward giving me that scolding like look.

"You failed to mention to me that you graduated last week?" I pursed my lips roughly shaking out my bed of curls with a chuckle.

"It's not like I failed to mention it. You just needed to focus on this graduation." He rolled his eyes playfully at me.

"Will definitely talk about it later." I nodded focusing back in Alice who beamed at me.

"You know I'll help Alice no questions." She grinned grabbing at my hands to hold wiggling about.

"But another party Alice? How many times are we gonna graduate high school." She then made a face as she exclaimed out.

"Jas said the same thing in the cafeteria!" Edward briefly pressed his now free hand onto his face chuckling lowly when he muttered that he could hear Jasper even with all the noise. Alice could go ramble as much as she could that was till if you were a super natural creature you could tell when she was getting a vision her body would tense up, and her expression would be dazed out. Edward had perked up suddenly focusing on Alice his facial features also twisted up.

"What's the matter?" I asked looking heard me them, Edward sat up straight for a moment before he leaned in to press a kiss to my cheek.

"The pack  needs you back for patrol." He told me in a soft tone but I knew his eyes didn't lie, not one but did they ever. I knew something was going on, and I wouldn't find out till I asked Sam or witness it happened first hand.