Chapter Ten

Luna's Pov
"We need to go on patrol now." The loudest groans of disappointment had echoed around the entire kitchen with groans and whines, me included right when I was enjoying the cookies Emily made. Jacob held back a quiet chuckle shaking his head a couple times smacking at the back of my neck a few times.

I was this close to slamming my head down into the table tempted to say just leave me here to die in peace. My muscles ache from every single patrol that we go on. And half of the time it's super quiet out there, we haven't seen any new vampires in a while which I found a little odd at times.

"Of course when isn't it a day when we patrol." Jared groaned out moving to slide his chair out, to slide it in roughly a couple times with Embry and Quil following shortly. Sam was just looking between everyone giving Emily a soft kiss onto her temple while giving her a soft hug pulling her into his full embrace.

"I get to join this time. I'm gonna enjoy this. I'm the youngest and fastest." Seth beamed out dodging Paul's hands as quickly as he possibly could. I rolled my eyes in amusement, lightly kicking his chair as Leah grabbed my hand shooting everyone annoyed looks as she yanked me out to follow her towards the woods so we could phase with ease. One of the annoying things about being the only two females in the pack.

"Do you have any spare clothes out there..? I've ripped a lot of my outfits." She sheepishly told me causing me to cough to hide out my light laughter before gesturing with a nod, I knew there was some clothes somewhere. I had them all spread of just for this exact moment.

"Yeah they are out there somewhere I don't mind." She flashed me a grateful look before  she was studying me squinting her eyes for a moment causing me to also look at her oddly, though I found the set of eyes making me just a tad nervous.  A soft little chuckle leaving me as I shrugged down my shorts phasing quickly shaking out my fur fast like once I was all finished.

"What Leah?"

"Nothing.. You just have this glow around your brown skin, it suits you I'm glad you are happy."

_______________________________
Ugh this patrol I'm not even gonna lie it was boring as hell. The only thing that was keeping it interesting and entertaining was Paul and Jared bantering back and forth through the pack link. I snickered to myself slightly moving my large head through the air joining the three nudging at Paul's side feeling him doing the same licking at my head for a moment, the little quick moment was shorten when a scent flashed into the air so quickly.

My fury body tensed up I knew that scent a mile away. No matter how long it had been Victoria's scent was one the whole pack should know. I tilted my head up letting out a quick loud howl alerting the rest of the pack before the three of us started sprinting across the cliff as quickly as our large paws could carry us.

I sprinted as fast as the wind would allow me too, it felt actually nice when you weren't worrying to just feel the breeze.

"She'll get away!"

"No she won't!"

That's Esme and Jasper, well go figures of course Victoria wasn't gonna let Bella just slip out of her grasp even if she was with Jacob now. We were on the edge of the cliff when Jared was so close to biting at her shirt to tear. I jumped over the two sprinting right back into place. So close yet still a little too far away, Paul had caught up to me in no time the loudest growls leaving him right there we almost had her and this mindless chase of chasing her could end.

"Emmett no!" I skidded back a bit dropping my ears down for a moment, my tail following suit, sighing out a big like sigh at the sight of Paul and Emmett.

Now that I think about it I don't think our kind would ever see eye to eye. Not even with the imprint. I let a small whine out tilting my head up to see Edward, he had a small look across his eyes before he focused back on me, his own expression soften before he gestured for me to make room.  I scooted back allowing for him to jump back.

He landed in front of me with a deep grunt leaving him a little as he regained his balance before he gently ran his hand across the top of my head a few times.

I was of course disappointed with the way we handled this it could have went better.

"Hey it's not your fault okay Luna." I just growled out quietly, tilting my head a little both his hands now were rubbing across my head in small movements back and forth he made me tilt my head up to look at him.

He gave me that such Cullen like smile pressing a kiss to my snot making me let a small sneeze out causing him to chuckle gently hugging me a bit, I rested my head into his arms shutting my eyes to relax.