Chapter 05

Minasa Takashi

I had just used the toilet and now, I'm washing my hands. While at it, I heard the toilet flush in the next cubicle as a brown haired girl walked out. When we looked at each other, concern masked her face as she washed her hands in the sink beside me.

I turned off the faucet and wanted to take my leave but the girl grabbed my wrist.

"Hey, you're Mina Takashi. The new girl right?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yes, why'd you ask?"

She let go of my wrist and sighed, "Look, I heard what happened to you yesterday and what that boy did to you..wasn't fair." She let out a heavy breath, "Turns out that boy..he's my brother. My twin brother and yours is.." She trailed out as her lips trembled.

"If Mitsuya gets to find out what my brother did then," She started sobbing, "I don't know what will happen..I don't want anything to happen to my brother."

She frantically grabbed my hands as she cried, "Please..don't tell your brother. I swear he will never do that again please.."

My heart tore as I watched her cry for her brother. I pulled her into a hug, "Don't worry, I won't tell my brother about it."

She drew back and looked at me, sniffing, "You won't?"

I nodded with a small smile.

"Thanks, Mina!" The girl smiled and hugged me tightly before she pulled away, running out of the bathroom as she squealed.

Huh, weird.

I walked out of the bathroom and decided to text brother. Unfortunately, he went down with a fever last night so now, he's unable to come to school today and it's all because of me. I shouldn't have pulled that prank on him.

Feeling heavy hearted, I sighed and texted him.

Hey brother..

Have you woken up yet?

If you have then please eat something. I feel terrible right now.

The bell rang for the third class and I walked up to my locker, taking out my English textbook.

"Hey Mina!" I heard Emma squeal behind me. I turned her and smiled, "Hi there Emma."

Emma seemed to notice my bleak mood today and her brows etched in worry, "Are you okay?"

I quickly nodded, "Yes I'm fine."

"Your words might say you are but your face doesn't." She shook her head and cupped my cheeks as she brought her face closer to mine, "Tell me, what happened?"

I sighed sadly, "Well, Mitsuya-kun is under the weather today."

Emma gasped, "Oh no! I really hope he gets better soon."

I sighed, "I hope so too."

We walked together to our class and had our seats not minding the noise and paper planes flying around. Why? Because Mr Chengu hasn't come yet.

"So if Mitsuya-kun isn't feeling well then who dropped you off at school?" Emma asked, biting on the tip of her pen.

"Kazutora did." I replied and looked around. "Where is he anyways?"

"Probably hanging out with Baji." She says unsure of herself, "The last time I saw them, they were fighting some guys in the field so.."

It's not a surprise though, Baji and Kazutora are not only best friends but they are big troublemakers as well. They either do it for fun, for a reason or maybe when they feel like picking on juniors.