Chapter 18

Mina Takashi

Hours later, Mitsuya-kun finally picked me up from Mikey's home. Honestly, I really had fun there. The times where Emma and I spent together. Except when I was in a totally awkward situation with Mikey.

In his damn room!

But still, I had a good time.

I never believed Emma would be fine with me crushing on Mikey. I mean..she was literally squealing and shipping our names together. She even wants the both of us to date. I want that too but it all lies on Mikey. It's impossible for him to have feelings for a girl. Especially when that girl is me.

His bosom friend.

There's no way Mikey would like me. Generally, there's a thin chance your crush..the person that stole your heart away would like you back. So why am I hoping Mikey would be different given he doesn't have time for liking or dating girls? All he does is spend time with Draken and the rest of the guys.

So..I'm busy doing the one thing that I think will distract me from Mikey.

Studying.

I'm in my room solving trig equations while racking my brain for so many ways to find the correct answers and luckily, I don't think of Mikey.

Damn it.

I realized that Emma and I didn't study at the sleepover. To top it all, Emma never reminded me. I hope she studies for tomorrow.

I shut my textbook and sigh, watching the sun set in the horizon through my window as the sky turns pinkish red. Is there ever a time where Mikey doesn't pop up in my head? I literally have a test tomorrow and I can't afford to fail at all.

Suddenly, the front door bell rang.

Who could that be?

"Mina! Go check who's at the door!" Brother yelled from his room. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. I walked down the stairs and headed towards the door. I opened the door and found Takemichi before me. He looked nervous. His face is red and all his wounds are seemed to be healing.

I eye-smiled at him, "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm doing fine." He answered in a stutter.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and he blushed immediately.

"Uh.." He scratched the back of his head, "Well..you forgot this at my house." He tells me and hands me my blue ribbon. I took it and smiled at him, "My ribbon. I thought I lost it. Thank you."

He flashed me a warm smile, "You're welcome." He turned to take his leave but I held his hand to stop him.

"Don't leave yet. Come join us for dinner. You must be starving." I say, dragging him inside but he stopped himself.

"Oh no..thanks but I really need to go now." He says quickly.

"Please just have dinner with us. Brother made ramen chicken and dumplings. Lots of them." I offer with a pout.

He sighed, "Well..if you insist."

"Yay!" I squeal and hug him. He seemed stiff until I pulled away and took his arm, leading him inside. "Brother! Takemichi's here!"

***

"That makes 6-0. I win!" I yell as I giggled.

Takemichi sighed but chuckled, "Yeah, you're a winner."

After dinner, Takemichi wanted to leave but I decided we'd play some board games and watch movies. We played monopoly, chess and some jigsaw puzzles. Earlier on, I noticed Takemichi felt uneasy during dinner but thereafter, he became comfortable with me and I liked that.