Number don't end, Neither will I.

It was practically immediate, he had expected getting kidnapped by ROOT taking a longer amount of time, Danzo is certainly aware of the coup, yet he was so eager to get his hands on the Sharingan. Sasuke shouldn't really be surprised, he found Sai a day later, they didn't train together, but they were in the same area, the ROOT base was bigger than he imagined it. Sai was cautious at first, but after Sasuke explained to him, what they did, how they time traveled, how long Sai had been dead for... Sai as usual took it all with a straight face with the occasional frown.

He disliked the idea of him being alive when he was supposed to be dead, and Sasuke couldn't find a good reason enough to disagree. Sai was a straightforward person; you don't comfort a straightforward person. Sai would be more annoyed than anything else if you tried. Sasuke had made quick work to get Sai's older brother on his side, he means this literally, however. They don't talk but they share the same hall now, he can keep a close eye on Sai's brother when Sai can't, Sai was grateful.

Sasuke could already tell he was getting better treatment, maybe in a few months he'll be trained, sealed just like the rest of them. But not until the search cools down, Sasuke hasn't even interacted with Danzo. It has been this mysterious person, he has the seal, it's not like this guy is some secondary leader. Danzo doesn't want to risk getting seen just in case Sasuke somehow leaves or gets found. It could ruin Danzo if Sasuke talked about Danzo taking him, probably, no, will get him In trouble with the Uchiha clan.

This base was described as a camp for those who want to do early ninja training, as well as training to go into the Anbu or special forces, of course, that isn't what this was, it was for ROOT, but young Sasuke had no way to know that, so he went along with it. It's frustrating to have it so much easier than Sai, but Sai had reassured Sasuke that this was how it often went for those who weren't born here. Which makes Sasuke feel even worse about not being treated harshly, don't get him wrong, he's not looking forward to the training he'll have to partake in, but Sai himself admitted that it was pretty easy now that he had endured the war. Sai had warned him though, the day they begin training for interrogation was the day he'd get the seal.

Sasuke had huffed in response and didn't bother complaining further, they were being listened to at all times after all. Of all the places to be found out, this is not one of them he'd want to be in. ROOT as soon as any of them found out he was a traitor... They would have his head on a stick and Danzo would take his eyes. Danzo couldn't care less about Sasuke, but if he can have the possibility of a Mangekyou sharingan, then he gets to live until then.

Sasuke finds it ironic, considering he has the Rinnegan, he doesn't quite know what Danzo would do if he found out about that, Danzo never expressed interest in the Rinnegan, but Danzo had a lot of journals that he burned after he became Hokage, so it's safe to assume he had thought out a possibility.

At this point in time Rinnegan's are known to exist but they exist largely in legends, just like the Sage of six paths, many people don't know he's a real person, but those same people are aware he exists in legends and stories. 

He doesn't know how long he has been here, considering he hasn't been allowed outside since he was taken, not that time matters too much here. He feels horrible about leaving his family like he did, he feels especially horrible for Itachi and his mother. But, with a mission like this, saving the future, it requires a lot of sacrifices, and this was most likely just the first one.

"You're getting your first mission soon Sai." Shin said as he looked down at his adopted brother. His hair fell in front of his face as he looked down. Sai was different than what he remembered, but he assumed they upped Sai's training, which usually means a mission. Sai shook his head, "Maybe." Shin couldn't identify the emotion in his brother's eye's but didn't bother trying.