Sasuke and Sasuke

"Unfortunately, I don't see this going much different than the first time." Shikamaru sighed, he shrugged a jacket over his shoulders. Itachi, who seems to have composed himself frowned, but before he could even open his mouth, Shikamaru elaborated. 

"When the three of us got kidnapped." Shikamaru groaned. The memories of it were still fresh in his mind. While the whole deal was no longer public, he knows the mission is still ongoing. If they found someone and found someone who could talk and remember the incident, they were, simply put, screwed. 

They'd done a lot of incriminating things, Shikamaru used the full extent of his shadow jutsu, Sasuke used genjutsu he shouldn't have been able to perform, Naruto made seals with no references whatsoever to create a barrier, a jonin level barrier no less. 

He received an incredulous look from all three in the room, right. Sai hadn't even been here yet, or he was, but Sai never really said how long he was in the future for. 

"Look, as much as I understand the need to want to know, it's rather off-topic." Shikamaru said, grabbing a few kunai. 

Right then it seemed that the two Uchiha acknowledged what exactly they were doing. 

"The two of you aren't going." Shisui said a tone higher than what Shikamaru was expecting. Sai responded quickly, "Indeed we are." He said simply. Shikamaru didn't bother giving his own response, instead he finished latching the sac on his leg. 

The warmth and the weight he hadn't even realized he had missed in the first place, it's been a while, and he doubts he'll be too good at hand-to-hand combat, but he is confident in his ninjutsu. He knows Sai is as well, although he's sure that now Sai could beat him in a regular spar. 

Itachi crossed his arms, he still looked irritated, but now it was shared by an expression that screamed unimpressed. Before Itachi could talk, Shikamaru spoke, he's been interrupting the two of them a lot recently, they don't have the time to dawdle here. 

"Look, I've been sneaking around a lot longer than you two are aware of, and Sai is a trained spy." He pointed. "He can probably be our way in as well." He added. Shikamaru turned towards Sai and received a nod. He hadn't even thought about that, it'll make getting in incredibly simple, but leaving will be a whole ordeal. 

He stretched a few simple poses, mostly straightening his arms, Sai did the same. 

"I can get us over there easily, but I do hope you can place your trust in me as a comrade." Sai dipped his head. He walked to the corner of the tree and grabbed a scroll from a backpack. "It'd be best to do this outside." Sai added as he walked outside. 

Itachi and Shisui didn't respond, mostly because what they said held some semblance of truth. The two Uchiha's don't know how long they've been doing this, and after they explain to them the future, it'll be funny to think that they've technically been sneaking around longer than the two have been alive. 

Currently Shikamaru knows himself and Sai are the better spies between the Uchiha's but ignoring the fact that the two have been in war as well, terrorist attacks, ANBU, are ninja, prestigious in their own rights and are from the Uchiha bloodline, saying their rookies, would be a terrible lie. And downright insulting. 

Shikamaru noted how Sai looked genuinely upset about the vines being ripped from the tree courtesy of Itachi's angry entrance. It was Sai's idea, as blank as he seems, he is a very avid decorator, He knows that at least a quarter of his choices were influenced by Ino's own preference and as the two hang out more in this timeline Shikamaru can guess Sai will have similar tastes soon enough. 

Shisui frowned as Sai unrolled the scroll, it was on a larger scale and as it was unfolded it was clear why, inside the scroll was a large bird. The same style that Sai typically drew with, Ink with various shapes.