021. you too, step stool

MILENA WAS QUESTIONING IF SHE WAS being genuine, or if she just wanted attention

MILENA WAS QUESTIONING IF SHE WAS being genuine, or if she just wanted attention. She was obsessed with psychoanalyzing herself whenever her life felt so repetitive and dull. She would take note of anything that seemed like it's happened before, and revisit it later to see what the hell was going on.

This was currently the case with her romantic life choices. She had agreed to a lunch date with Doug, but she just couldn't match his excitement, and had no idea why.

Yeah, it was fun flirting with him, but it wasn't anything serious to her. But that quickly escalated to him asking her on a real date, and she couldn't help but say yes. She usually loved rejecting guys, yet this time she felt really bad about it.

If you were to put a gun to her head and ask her to name five things she liked about Doug, she'd be stuttering to find an answer before she even named anything. She didn't want to say it, but it was very possible that she was leading him on. Her struggle to find an interest in what he was saying, how uncharacteristically quiet she was, her discreetly avoiding him by surrounding herself with her friends一 it was bad for her.

And it was going to get worse. Doug was rambling on about football and how he wanted to make it to the big leagues. Not in an obnoxious way, because she asked him to tell her about his interests. All of a sudden, her phone started ringing, causing her to break the eye contact she kept with him, and her attention turned to whoever was calling her. She did her best to hide the smile that was threatening her when she saw the contact name "headache 🙁🤟🏼".

"Hold on a second," she told Doug, bringing the phone up to her ear after accepting the call. "Hey, what's up?"

"Uh, I don't know how to say this without making you panic," he said on the other end in a timid tone. "but you were the first person I thought to call."

"What do you mean?" her eyes moved back and forth to different spots at the table they sat at, uncertain on whether or not to be nervous. It could've been about something stupid, but if it was, he wouldn't be sounding so shaky.

"So, um, I tried to rejoin Cobra Kai, and it didn't really work out for me," she heard a nervous chuckle on his end.

"Demetri..." she dragged out the "i" in a scolding manner. "What happened?"

"So, like, this other guy was there instead of the blond guy一 he looked older and his hair was graying and he looked like someone who just got out of jail from a long sentence," He was describing Mr. Kreese, which concerned her even more. "But I was telling him that I wanted to give it another go, and also respectfully pointed out the very, very small inaccuracies in his tattoo... and then he fucking assaulted me. I think my nose is broken or something... I dunno', but it hurts so bad, and it's bleeding."

Her breath quickened, and her left leg started bouncing anxiously. She felt her eyes beginning to water, but she fought against it. She didn't want Doug babying her and restricting her, like he did about a week ago when her knee started cramping up like it usually did from time to time. "Are you okay? Is your mom home?"