prologue

Third person

April 1992

It was rainy night when Tommy came home from work, he parked the his car and run to the main door. Tommy observed the surroundings of the whole house, he noticed it was quiet and all the lights in the house were turned off.

"they must be sleeping" he thought

He took the key out of his pocket and slowly opened the door before coming into the house, he went to the bathroom to get a dry towel because he was wet from the rain. He panicked when he heard a woman shout from above, he ran and heard the shout coming from their room.

There he saw his wife, Imee, crying and screaming in pain. he immediately approached his wife and was shocked to see her hand full of blood, he lifted the blanket and he was even more surprised to see his wife bleeding. He carried his wife into the car, he boarded her and took her to the nearest hospital.

When they arrived at the hospital, doctors and nurses approached them and laid his wife on the hospital bed. Tommy started to cry when he saw his wife struggling. His wife is eight months pregnant and this will only be their daughter, he knew Imee would be hurt when their only baby girl was lost.

Imee was taken to the O.R to save her and the baby she was carrying. Tommy suddenly remembered that he hadn't called anyone in the family yet, he tried to call Bongbong but he didn't answer so he tried to call Liza instead she didn't answer either.

He was hesitant to called Irene because he knows that she must be tired from her work since Irene was a Doctor and her sideline was being a Music Advocate but still, he decided to call Irene because this was a family emergency after all. He felt relieved when Irene answered the phone, he knows how close this two sisters are and it will be good for Imee if Irene will also be there at her side.

He told Irene everything and she said that she and Greggy were on their way back into the hospital, she also said that she will be the one to contact other family members.

Minutes later they've arrived,"How's manang and the baby?" Irene asked, worriedly. Tommy bowed his head and shrugged his shoulders "I don't know, nasa O.R padin sila" he said as his hands covering his face and at the same time he cried so hard. Greggy went beside him to comfort his friend.

Hours passed, the other family members also arrived and Imee was still in the OR, no one updated them on what was going on inside. Mama Meldy was holding her rosary and the other hand was holding her son-in-law's hand. He kept on praying as his tears were continuously flowing from his eyes.

A few hours later, the doctor came out and the other members family approached him. "Who's the husband?" he asked. Tommy immediately stood up, "Me, Doc! How's my wife and our baby?" he said as he approach the doctor.

"Sir, maselan po ang pagbubuntis ng misis nyo. Is your wife able to get some rest this past few days?" he asked, Tommy went silent since he got busy this past few days in the court and he didn't have time to check on his wife. "I don't know" he murmur.

The Doctor nodded, "We had to remove the child from Mrs. Manotoc's womb and that makes your child a pre matured baby, we already put your daughter in the hospital's NICU for further observations" said Doctor.

"Mrs. Manotoc and the baby are now fine, no need to worry. You can now visit the both of them. Congratulations!" the Doctor added. The family was relieved to hear the news, tears welled up in tommy's eyes when he heard that his wife and daughter were in good health.

Imee was taken to her room, Tommy was waiting for her to wake up while Irene and Greggy went to the NICU to see their niece and arrange the papers needed for the baby. He sat on the side and was still crying while caressing Imee's hands.