seven

When the two finally arrived at Marcos Med, they went straightly to the hospital's auditorium. It was the birthday celebration of Imee's lost daughter. They celebrate it yearly there as it was the family's hospital.

"Manang!" Irene exclaimed as soon as she saw Imee went inside the auditorium. Imee waved her hands as she went closer to her, "Irene, si Mommy?" Imee asked. Irene sighed and rolled her eyes "Ako nag-greet pero si Mommy ang hinanap." she said in grouch.

Imee slighty pinched her younger sister's cheek, "Naku! ang bunso nagtampo kaagad" Imee chuckled. Irene hissed, "Ouch, manang!" she said as she caressed her cheek. Imee raised a brow, "Ang OA mo, di naman masakit" she replied.

Irene frowned, "Gawin ko kaya sayo." she rebutted. Imee laughed at her sister, "Hay apo, ang ading ko" she said and hugged her sister.

Irene rolled her eyes and hugs her too, "What's with you today, manang?" Irene whispers still not letting go of the hug.

"A-anong what's with me today?" Imee uttered and swayed their bodies sideways. Irene hugged her tighter, "There's something different with you, i just couldn't figured it out." she said.

Imee smiled and let go of the hug, "Loka-loka! pagod lang yan, Irene" she chuckled. Irene rolled her eyes, "Well, di ka naman ganyan pag ganitong araw ng taon. What's with the smiles?" she asked.

Imee was about to answer when Issa appears and called Imee, "Miss Senator, excuse lang po ako saglit lang." she whispered towards Imee but loud enough for Irene to hear.

Issa diverted her gaze to Irene. As soon as their eyes met, Irene felt so familiar with those big browned eyes.

"Ay hello po, miss! hala omg doc po pala" she greeted as soon she saw Irene wearing a white coat with the hospital's logo. Irene smiled at Issa, "Hello! New staff mo, manang?" she asked her sister.

Imee nodded, "Y-yes... Meet Issa, my new personal assistant. Issa, meet Irene, my sister" she introduced, looking at Issa while smiling.

Irene smiled, "Nice to meet you, sweetheart" she said as she extended her hand on Issa for a hand shake and Issa gladly accepts it. Imee whispered to Issa, she nodded and Issa bid her good bye leaving the two alone again.

Irene can sense something about that woman, it feels like she have known her for a long time and the way she observe the two together, her sister and Issa, she can sense a special bond between them— what if?

"So manang, anong ngang meron?" Irene said while giving her a look. Imee frowned, "A-anong anong meron? birthday ng anak ko, Irene. Ikaw nag organize nito diba?" she said.

Irene rolled her eyes, "Manang! I'm not talking about the event, I'm talking about you and your new assistant." Imee chucked, "Ay, si Issa ba? oh anong meron?" Irene smirks, "Well, she seems to be the reason why you're happy right now. What's with Issa, manang?" she asked. Imee sighs, "Chismosa! pero... I don't know why but every time I'm with her, my heart is filled with joy" she answered.

Irene gave her a look. Its true, she already know because it shows by the the way the two acted together, parang mag-ina.

Imee was about to ask something because her sister got zoning out for a bit but then the speakers started the program, "Tara na" she said and they went into their respective seats.

Issa, on the other hand, was on her way into his father's hospital room. When she got there she find his father talking with some guy that wears the same coat as Irene earlier.

She knocked, "Papa!" she called his father and when into him for a hug. Her father hugs her tightly and took out a flower beside him, "Para sayo, prinsesa ko! Happy birthday!" He greeted.

Issa let go of the hug ande genuinely smiles at her father, "Wow, tulip! Salamat po" she thanked.

"Ayun oh! Ang sweet naman ni sir sa prinsesa niya" a man uttered. Issa diverted her gaze to the doctor standing beside them and saw his id, Doctor Matthew M. Manotoc.

"Hello po, Doc! kamusta na po si Papa?" She asked. Matt smiled, "Sa ngayon mabuti naman ang condition niya, walang dapat ipagalala." He replied.

"Ganun po ba, mabuti naman" she said. Matt looked at his watch, "Maiwan ko na po kayong mag-ama, i have to go at the hospital's auditorium pa" he said.

Issa nodded, "Sige po, Doc. Salamat po!" Issa's father uttered. Matt smiled at them, "Bye and Happy Birthday!" he greeted. Issa thanked him and he proceeds in walking out of the room.

She hugged her father once again, "Hindi naman halatang miss mo ako 'ano?" he uttered. Issa smiled and let go of the hug, "Syempre, bihira nalang din kita madalaw dito dahil doon sa bago kong trabaho." she said.

Mariano sighs, "Oo nga, napaka busy na ng anak ko..." he said as he pinched her cheeks. "Pero okay lang, masaya ako at nakahanap kana ng trabaho mo hindi yung puro pa raket lang." he replied.

"True ka jan, Pa! Nag eenjoy din naman po ako sa bago kong trabaho at masaya din ako dahil napapagamot nadin kita." She smiled.

Issa looked away at his father, for him not to see the tears in her eyes that are building up, "Lou, bakit? May problema ba?" He asked. She sniffed move her head sideways, "Wala naman po." She pouted.

Mariano sighs, "Sus, halika ka nga dito." He moved a little and tapped the space of his bed. Issa obeyed his father, she went near him and lay beside her father.

She wraps her arms around her father and that's where her tears started to fall, "Shh" he uttered and caressed her arm. "Pa, ayoko pang mawala ka" She sobbed. Mariano hugs her tightly, "Hindi naman ako mawawala, nandito lang ako. Kita mo nga nagpapagaling ako dito" he said.

He wipes her tears with his thumb, "Promise?" she shows her pinky finger. "Promise, prinsesa ko!" He said and sealed their pinky promise.

"I'll do everything, gumaling ka lang sa sakit mo." She said. He kissed her forehead, "Salamat, anak".

After minutes of laying down besides her father, Issa's finally bid her goodbye as she have to be at the event in the hospital's auditorium with her bosya.

While walking back, Issa bumped into this tall guy who looks like he's in his 50s, "Sorry po!" She apologize. "I'm sorry too, hija!" He smiled.

The man proceeded on walking, he looks at the small piece of a paper he was holding, it states some information. He wondered his eyes around and find the exact same numbers written in the paper. He approached the door and take a deep sigh before going inside.

There he finds the person he's been looking for a long time, "Sino ka? Anong kailan mo?" the person ask. The man answered back with a question, "Ikaw ba si Mariano Agustin?"

The person swallowed a lump in his throat, "Ako nga, sino ka? bakit mo ako kilala?" He replies. He took a deep breath, "I'm Atty. Tomas Manotoc" he introduced himself.

"I'm the father of the child you kidnapped twenty eight years ago."

❀┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈❀