two

Issa woke up early so she wouldn't be late to go to Imee's office. Who would want to be late if the person you are meeting with a Senator of the Philippines.

When Issa arrived at the senate, she went inside and was amazed at the look of the senate. As she walked inside she noticed everyone was walking around and busy with what they were doing, some people were running while holding tons of papers, some were busy talking with their phones, and some were chit-chatting.

She approached the office reception, "Hello Miss, Good morning! I'm looking for Senator Imee Marcos." Issa asked politely. The woman looked at her while typing on the keyboard, "Ano pong sadya nyo, Ma'am?" she asked.

"I'm here for a job" Issa said, "Can I see your I.D.?" the woman said. Issa give her I.D, the woman looked at it and took the telephone to dialed Senator Marcos's office. Issa continued wandering her eyes around the building.

The woman called her and told that she can now go upstairs, she gave her I.D back and after that the woman gave the direction through the elevator.

Her eyes were still wandering around the senate, she couldn't help but marvel inside. As she walked towards the elevator, there was a man who just got out of the elevator and busy checking his phone while holding coffee in his left hand. They both didn't notice each other until they collided and the coffee spilled on Issa.

"Oh no! I'm sorry" he said while getting his handkerchief from his pocket and handing it to Issa, "It's okay, it was an accident" she said as she tuck her hair behind her ears and start wiping the coffee on her white polo with the man's handkerchief.

"Are you hurt?" he asked. Issa pressed her lips against each other and shook her head, "No, I'm fine besides the coffee was not that hot naman. I'm sorry too, tinitignan ko dapat dinadaanan ko" she smiled. "Do you have an extras, shirts ba?" he asked, again.

"Actually, I don't have" she said, "But... okay na din yan may design na polo ko" she joked, the man smiled at him.

"Oh... Sorry again, I have a urgent meeting and my secretary keeps on messaging me. Since you don't have an extra can I buy you a new one?" the man said. Issa shook her head, "No, thank you. Nakakahiya naman sayo, kasalanan ko din naman" she said.

"How bout a coffee?" he asked, "Huh? Akala ko ba may urgent meeting ka?" she asked. The man smiled, "That can be reschedule in another day, So?" he said. Issa looked at him and nodded, she felt guilty that the man's coffee spilled on her because of her stupidity so to make up for the man, she accepted his offer.

The man guide her to the senate's cafeteria. When they got there, she was stunned to see a long line from the cashier. They patiently waited until they finally reached the cashier and ordered for their drinks.

"That's all, sir? Pa-wait nalang po sa tabi" the woman on the cashier said, polietly. They went aside and waited for their orders, they were silent for a minutes until the man decided to broke it. "It's the first time I saw you here, bago ka ba dito?" the man asked.

Issa nodded, "Oo, its my first time here sa senate. Grabe ang ganda dito, ang lawak ng lugar!" she said. The man chuckles, "Syempre, lots of people are working in the government eh" he said.

"Are you applying for a job?" he asked. Issa nodded, "Not applying for a job, someone just offered me a job here" she answered.

"Sin-" The man was about to asked her again when their orders arrived. "Oh... here's your coffee" the man said and hand her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you!" She said politely, The man turned his gaze at her. "Oo nga pala, we don't know each other yet. By the way, I'm Atty. Luke Thomas Dela Cuesta and you a-" he didn't finish what he was about to say when a bell rang up as a sign of start of the working hours.