CHAPTER 1

"Ended before it began."

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

He was a bizarre existence. In a world where the entirety of Earth's population is granted a unique supernatural ability, a little quirkless boy is targeted for his rare disability to form a quirk.

Birth. Childhood. Tears of a heartbroken mother. These were things that held no importance in the face of scientific discoveries. Humans, being such cruel creatures, took away and destroyed evidence of a conception, starting from a woman.

"My boy, my sweet, unfortunate boy..." She cried on a white hospital bed. The moment this baby was implanted inside her body, her fate was already sealed. Yet, she cries. Not in fear for the end of her life but for a God to protect this child. An innocence that will be trampled, a childhood ended before it could even start.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Midoriya. He is a healthy boy."

Heels clicked on the white tile floor, strangers with file boards walked away with neither care nor regard for the woman who birthed an anomaly.

"Thank you." She whispered in a voice so soft, one would think it was a small breeze. You could hear her shake, yet she still found the energy to thank the monsters who helped her give birth. Caressing the small but chubby head of the newborn, a pained smile bloomed on her pale and sweat-soaked face.

"I won't be here, baby. But I can only hope that the friendships I've made can help you." A tear fell down her plump cheeks, "I love you, my boy."

She was truly a saint. Volunteering in a government program for a humanitarian cause, only to be forced into a labor of a child of which its future is unclear to her. Unclear, but obvious. This child will be a test subject, a plaything, a lab rat forced to drink poison in its thirst for water. But, despite it all, she died as a mother, that was all that mattered to her.

"Here lies Midoriya Inko, a woman with overflowing kindness."

Is the only engraving that can be seen on her tombstone.

☾☽

An echoed boom can be heard in the empty hallway, scattered amongst the floor are men in dark navy uniforms, limp and unconscious. A man gets a kick to his stomach, making him fly straight into a metal wall, a pained grunt erupting from his throat.

"You-... You must have a goddamned death wish! Stay there and do not dare move a step!" An exhilarated voice roars from the intercom sounding breathless and angry, he could hear distant shouts of commands and loud steps in the background audio that was picked up by the microphone. It was a one-sided conversation, to the dismay of these officials.

His body twitched for a split second as he reached up his hands to ease the high-pitched ringing in his ears. He took off his white gloves a moment ago because of some blood in the fighting. With this skin-to-skin contact, he felt the blood underneath his flesh rush through his body in the touch of his fingertips.

Feeling mildly disturbed by this, he retracted his hands and stared at them for a bit.

Towering above the bodies, the recipient of such manic scolding glanced at the metal intercom speaker and sighed in his heart. The fighting wasn't tiring or strenuous, however. More so than that, the boy was quite fed up with this whole situation.

"How could they have let security get so bad? There are highly confidential experiments and ancient artifacts held in this building for God's sake."

Snatching a black cap off of the floor and stealing a pair of black gloves from one of the security men, he claps off any lingering dust on the items and adjusts them to his body.