CHAPTER 2

"Uncovering a crime."

Yagi and Shouta leave to meet the first suspect of the crime. What they see isn't what they had expected.

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

The building was loud and bustling, it seemed like everyone inside was in a hushed panic. With Yagi in his muscled form, the workers respectfully (and mostly in awe) made way for them in the hallways.

The two made a quick stop at an empty room for Yagi to change back into his frail form. Reaching Tsukauchi's office, the two men paused and opened the door.

What they saw wasn't what they had expected.

In front of the desk was a young boy, soft green curls and a freckled pale face, his frame was covered by a comfortable black sweatsuit as if he was out on a run before getting escorted into the police station. With his face slightly flush from the winter cold, he looked like a fragile doll.

Behind the desk, however, was a detective Naomasa with a face that looked like it was saying: "Help me!"

"Sirs." The boy stood up and bowed to the pair politely. A small sparkle appeared in his eyes when he saw Shouta, but it was quickly glossed over. "I heard that I needed to go into questioning? I will be sure to answer diligently!" He showed a bright smile.

The newcomers stared and examined the boy's appearance. This left them confused, the petite figure looked like it couldn't even carry a heavy bag, no less multiple deceased bodies of burly, large-built men.

Yagi didn't know how to respond and Shouta frowned. With a tired sigh, Tsukauchi looked at the boy with desperate eyes, "Go into the room next door, young boy. We'll have a little chat and start the questioning with you when we're finished. Is that alright with you?"

Surprisingly, the boy only looked at the detective with a blank smile, he then grabbed a manila folder on the desk and promptly left the room without another word. The question at the end was ultimately left unanswered.

When the door closed, a puff of air left Tsukauchi's lungs, "He won't answer me," the detective complained and his eyes lingered at the door where the figure left.

He then added, "The boy would only stare at me. Never would the day come where I thought that I would get freaked out by a pair of doe eyes belonging to a literal child." He dryly laughed to himself.

The heroes in the room took a seat in front of Tsukauchi and Shouta swiftly questioned him, "What's the situation?"

The detective glanced at Shouta, "Precise and straight to the point. Underground heroes truly are men in a race with time." He thought while handing them a few file folders to look through.

"His last name is Midoriya, he checked into the front desk a few hours ago with a suitcase filled with the files of the missing persons." Tsukauchi grabbed the suitcase under the desk and placed it in front of the heroes, "All of them are confirmed to be the original official identity files."

The underground hero took the initiative and opened the clasps of the suitcase to look through the files. "What's his motive?" His black irises scanned the folders quickly.

"That's the thing," Tsukauchi squinted his tired eyes, he looked confused, defeated, maybe even a little scared, "I can't read him."

The two felt differing levels of shock. Naomasa Tsukauchi, otherwise known as True Man, was a force to be reckoned with in the Police Department. His 'quirk' was called Lie Detector, giving him the ability to see through lies and truths. A man like himself was brilliant in solving mysteries and cases, making him one of the most respected in the department.