CHAPTER 5

"The first appearance of the cherub."

On the way to the police station, a villain attack occurs! Shouta wants to scold a child and Midoriya has fun.

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

It has now been two weeks since the now nicknamed: Corpse Robbery Case was first reported on by the press. The whole ordeal has been shrouded in mystery ever since the media has gotten hold of it.

"Whoever took it must be doing experiments on the bodies!"

"How come we've never heard anything from the families of the victims? What the hell is going on?"

"Police in Musutafu is getting lazier and lazier every year."

The internet snoops obsessively commented under articles.

Countless blog posts and theories concerning the case have been posted on the internet. It's been quite some time since the city has come across a case this cryptic. Naturally, netizens were curious and intrigued to see what kind of criminal would pull this type of stunt.

But no one would have expected the hectic buzz to pause when a striking teenager saved a helpless civilian from a villain attack in the heart of Musutafu's city square.

☾☽

Shouta was never one for small talk.

The earsplitting ring of honking cars numbed Shouta's head. His finger tapped the leather wheel in annoyance, in his peripheral vision peeked a tuff of fluffy green hair. The boy beside him fiddled and loosened the bandages around his wrist whilst attentively looking out the crowded concrete road with wariness.

Something seemed to have caught his attention? Shouta could care less.

This underground hero decided that enough was enough.

He shuffled in his seat, finally earning the younger's attention. Those doe irises stared at him with mild interest, eyes droopy supposedly from the lack of sleep last night. "Children these days." Shouta scoffed.

"I'll go check up on what's ahead. Maybe a villain attack," He unclasped his seatbelt with a satisfying click. Glancing at Midoriya, the hero could've sworn he saw a light flash in the boy's eyes for a second. "Villain? Here?" Midoriya spoke with intrigue.

"Oh God, no. Please not today,"

Shouta glared at the child, hopefully, assertive enough to keep the boy in his place, "Stay here. Don't cause trouble." After seeing a small nod for a reply, the hero closed the car door with slight hesitance. He's old enough to behave , he assured himself as his feet tapped down on the hard ground.

Did Midoriya listen? Of course not.

Morbid curiosity washed over the boy's whole being. What would greet him at the end of this road? What would create traffic this severe to keep them sitting still for an hour now? He watched his guardian walk a decent distance down the street and Midoriya couldn't help but playfully smile when he got out of the running vehicle.

Mischief was written all over his face as he jogged across the street. He looked around the city; dry concrete and exhaust filled his senses, the low humming of rumbling engines and the chattering of pedestrians overwhelmed his senses.

In the distance, Midoriya spotted police tape surrounding an empty area and a dense crowd spectating in panic. He tilted his head when he saw a large sludge of murky water swishing around like slime. People gasped and screamed while reporters and cameras busily worked.