CHAPTER 6

"Troublemaker"

After a second questioning with the detective, the two heroes bring the greenette to Yuuei's principal. Chaos ensues.

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

Calling the day overwhelming was an understatement. The police station was loud and hectic; shouts of commands echoed in the offices and printers whirred in the background.

And what had caused such disarray, you ask? Two matters had complicated their jobs: the Corpse Robbery Case and a recent villain attack that occurred in the heart of their city, garnering unfavorable attention to officers and heroes alike from the public.

Funnily enough, these busy bees would have never known that the catalyst of both problems was trodding through their very workspace. A single teenage boy who walked in the hallways where they slaved away, a small gleeful smile on his freckled face.

And in the middle of this commotion is our favorite exhausted detective, Tsukuachi Naomasa, who is currently questioning said culprit of the crime.

Chairs rattled against the tiled floor, soft steps sounding through the room. Papers rustled in their grasps. Tsukauchi cleared his throat with a grunt.

"Since the previous interrogation fell through because of some more pressing matters, I've decided to do a second questioning." He arranged some files on his table then went and faced the boy in front of him, "Is that alright with you, Midoriya?"

Unlike the blaring overhead lights of the cold, metal interrogation chamber where they held the prior interrogation, Tsukuachi's office had organic lamps that made the room comfortable. This change of scenery was a suggestion made by Yagi who fretted that they might have made the young boy feel uneasy.

Midoriya smiled, "It's alright," He placed his intertwined hands on the table. "Go ahead."

Tsukuachi let out a sigh of relief in his heart, "Oh, thank God. He's finally talking to me."

The detective is notoriously bad with children as known in the entirety of the police station. His younger sister acts more mature than her peers so he's never had the opportunity to learn. In fact, Tsukauchi formed the closeness with Shouta because of this exact same reason. Dealing with foolish play-hero injured kids was a common event in the station house; who better to hand over the trouble with these recklessly brave youths than an actual hero?

After seeing the teacher's heavy workload though? Tsukauchi decided to put a pause to his desperate pleading.

In the room, Yagi and an aggrieved Shouta sat to the side. The two were there to spectate the questioning. They told the workers who witnessed the previous interrogation take place that there were no leads. They were, of course, suspicious of such activity but they understood that the reliable detective had his reasons.

"Great," Tsukauchi glanced at the two men. Seeing them signal with a nod to start the questioning, he spoke again. "Know that I can detect if your answers are true or false. You should best be honest. Let's begin."

He took a look at a list of questions and sat straight on his chair, "Why did you take the bodies? State your reasoning and purpose."

Midoriya tilted his head a little, as if faintly guilty, "I took them because I left the laboratory without a legal identity." He shyly smiled, the next sentence coming out his mouth like a soft whisper. "I planned to borrow one of their IDs."

Tsukuachi looked at him with a baffled face. "Truth." Though his quirk affirmed sincerity, a part of him wished that this was a carefully plotted-out joke by the younger.