CHAPTER 7

"The scholarship program!"

Midoriya causes trouble and everyone else can only watch!

꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱

"Funny that you thought you could hide it from me!" The boy gleefully spoke.

Yagi shivered when he heard the slight tone of malice in that voice. Hidden from the others but clear as day for the blonde. He looked down at the doorknob like it was a traitorous villain. In twisting it again for the third time, he realizes that a tiny hairpin has been shoved into the crack of the door's hinge, preventing him from escaping.

As if Midoriya read his thoughts, he spoke again, "For someone with such unruly hair as I do, I tend to keep some hairpins on me, just in case." Eyes formed into crescents. Yagi finally saw past the facade of that naive smile. Now, it suddenly felt as if the boy's upturned lips were murmuring whispers of ridicule, dimples jeering at his sorrow with each faint freckle mocking him like his status of a redeemed hero became completely irrelevant.

Never had Yagi felt this scorned, teased, and guilty in a very long time. He didn't know why, but something about Midoriya's judgment-filled stare shoved rocks into his stomach. Vomit threatened to run up his esophagus as the acid stung at his throat; he was just as unsettled as he was nervous.

But suddenly, like the flick of a switch, the glare Midoriya shot his way abruptly morphed into a giddy grin. "Don't look so scared, hero," The boy pouted as he called, interrupting Yagi's panicked thoughts. The room's atmosphere followed his mood as his juvenile voice echoed brightly in the oak office. All traces of hostility left the boy's face and was instead replaced by a mischievous smile, bewildering the hero considerably.

Turning to his side, Midoriya shook Shouta's arm like a kid in a candy store and began to whine, "Tell him, Aiza-san! I just wanted to know his secret but he wouldn't budge," The leather couch ruffled under their moving weights.

Shouta looked annoyed but he didn't reprimand Midoriya. Even when his body was rocking back and forth as the boy threw a small tantrum, he simply let out an exhausted sigh as his large hand took a firm hold on the kid's fluffy head (quite easily considering their heights), holding him in place while rubbing his tired eyelids with the other.

"Don't call me that. Throwing a tantrum won't make you less culpable." Still having his palm latched onto Midoriya's scalp, he drowsily turned his head and spoke to the other hero, "I'm sorry for this, Toshinori. I know you wanted to keep this secret to only a few." The rasp in his voice croaked, prominent as ever.

To his words, Yagi finally recovered from his fright and lightly coughed into his fist, feeling that the transformation has taken much more of his energy than usual. He did have a short break from his muscled form earlier in the day but overall, he had spent most of his morning fighting crime. Even if he did miss one.

"It's quite alright, Eraserhead. It's just that– uhm," He walked back to the couches, eyes drifting over to the boy who began the whole ordeal, "I suspect that Young Midoriya has probably already long known?" He weakly smiled as he sat down in front of the greenette.

This was what finally interested Shouta who turned his head to the boy beside him, asking with slight doubt in his tone. "You did?"

To his half question, Midoriya's proud smile brightened, "Yes I did!" He chippered, hands now balled up politely up on his lap while he beamed at the impassive underground hero. Very contrast to his previous opposing expression that made Yagi's stomach crumple in anxiety.

Shouta examined the boy's expression. He wasn't a fool. He could feel Midoriya's dislike towards the #1 hero from the moment the boy met the other at the police station, even if that dislike was minuscule enough to be not considered an issue. What really bothered him is if Midoriya arranged this stunt as another one of his usual childish antics or if he did so out of malice towards the hero.