04.

Putting down the attache case inside his walk-in closet, Jin finally let out a sigh.

It has been weeks since he was away and finally came back home just now. Though he was a little tired, he still went into the bathroom to take a shower first.

He came out half an hour later to find something to eat. He was a bit sleepy.
Probably because of jet lag, but he needed to eat first. It was his first meal in two days.

He didn't expect anyone to be in the house, but as soon as he entered the kitchen, one woman turned around from the kitchen counter.

Jin was a bit surprised but bowed respectfully.

"Young master?" the woman's voice was a bit confused, "you are here for food?"

"I'll cook something, you can go back first," Jin's voice was gentle.

"We are almost done," the woman hesitated a bit, "my son is taking care of the garden. Would you like me to cook something for you?"

"Please, no need. I do not..." Jin started but was interrupted with a mild smile of the woman.

"Please, have a seat. It won't take long."

It was unusual for people around him to talk to him taking initiative let alone not letting him finish his words or ignore his orders. But things surely have been different lately.

It seemed for a second that Jin was going to protest but he held back at the last moment and nodded a little before sitting on the kitchen table.

"Master came by," The woman was chatting casually.

Jin looked at her directly with questions in his eyes.

"He probably wanted to see you," looking at the expressionless face of Jin through the corner of her eyes, the woman continued her talking, "he sat in the garden alone for quite a time."

Jin again nodded in acknowledgment.

"Do go and see him if you can."

Jin was silent.

"That girl also came by."

Jin again looked in her direction. But this time his eyes didn't have questions, but curiosity.

"Arya," the woman smiled a little, "she came this morning. Told me to give you this when you come back," she brought out a paper from her apron's pocket and placed it on the kitchen counter.

Jin got up from his chair and walked up to the counter.

He picked up the paper and unfolded it. Arya just tore a page of a magazine and scribbled down a few words along with a map. Jin's fingers slowly caressed the words written on the torn paper.

"You are different," commented the woman from behind the counter.

"Pardon?" Jin looked up not grasping what the elderly woman said.

She didn't speak further and avoided the question with a smile and placed a plate on the counter, "have a bite."

Jin folded the paper in his hand and shoved it inside his pocket.

He quietly finished his lunch and again bowed to the woman after leaving the table, "Thank you for the food."

"You are so bright nowadays, young master. You look...different."

Jin's brow turned into a mild frown but it didn't take long to disappear completely, "Is that so?"

The woman didn't expect any reply, but getting it anyway, the smile on her lips turned affectionate, "I have known you since you were young. But I have never seen you like this."