44.

"Good job, Seokjin!" the chief's voice was full of praise.

Jin just nodded a little.

"I have spoken to the NUMA chief. He is getting better."

"Is he out of the hospital?" Jin asked calmly.

"Not yet." The chief put off the fire of his cigar and looked at Jin, "but he assured me that he'll handle the white house and the CIA. He'll ensure that they won't cause any problem next time about this."

"What about Tina?"

"You gave her your word and we will not dishonor that." The chief smiled, "and I think too that will be the best solution."

"What's next?"

"We already secured her shelter. She'll be given every opportunity she can get under our power. But before we sort out the whole Uno- code situation, she has to be laid low."

"She can stay..." Jin started his proposal but was interrupted mid-way.

"No. Negative." The chief shook his head, "NIS will take care of it. We will not let her get into any danger. And we will not risk you into danger too by letting her stay with you or agent Akaishi."

"Can I count on you, sir?" Jin's voice was calm.

"You can. The whole world will forever remain grateful to you two though mankind will never know what have you done for them."

"We know, sir." Jin nodded shortly.

"Where is agent Akaishi?" The chief frowned a little., "she was supposed to come and report too."

"She is sleeping in," Jin tried to sound a bit casual, "I apologize on her behalf."

"Nah..." the chief smiled a little, "it's ok. Now that is the Araya Akaishi I know. It is understandable if you are tired after such a hectic week!"

"Thank you for understanding," Jin bowed a little, "I had another report to make, sir. If you let me."

"Go on," the chief leaned back on his chair, "anything important?"

"I know there aren't any specific rules here  against any relationship among colleagues," Jin carefully cleared his voice a bit, "Arya...agent Akaishi and I are in a relationship, sir."
His face was indifferent but his ears were turning red by time, "thought you should know."

Jin didn't look at the chief's face. If he did, he'd see a slight smile hanging on his lips.

"Alright." The chief replied taking time, "and what do you expect me to do now?"

"We'll be professional as usual and we assure you that nothing will affect our work life. We hope there will be no objection regarding me seeing agent Akaishi."

"We have to see it through your work then. Until we see any problem," the chief finally smiled, "we won't interfere."

"Thank you, sir." Jin bowed again, secretly hiding a sigh of relief.

"You may go now." The chief got busy with a file in front of him.

"Yes sir." Jin got up and opened the door but was stopped again by a small remark the chief made, "It was just about time, right?"

Jin lowered his head and when he lifted his head, his eyes were smiling.

"Your parents would be proud of you, my boy!" The chief smiled, "and I am sure agent Akaishi will be nothing but strength to your side."

"She is." Jin smiled and bowed once again before leaving the room.

The chief was mesmerized. He never saw Jin smile all these past decades.
Time has surely changed.