Ch 16. A Savior and Witch at once

Recap

The figure seems to stop in astonishment. ZhiRuo quickly got off from bed and ran to the closet. He violently shaked the closet but it was locked. He kept sobbing and only shake it in hope to find a place to hide. The figure got closer and closer. ZhiRuo still couldn't open it, curled in a ball. Waiting to be beaten. He can't do anything at all to protect himself.

But he felt someone..... hugged him. ZhiRuo after some seconds finally calmed down and realized a voice was calling him,

"ZhiRuo! Wei ZhiRuo! What happened to you??!"

...

ZhiRuo heard a different voice from his mother, his ears feels like they're closed from the winter. He looked up but it's too dark. But his mother's face was vivid when he saw. ZhiRuo blinked so many times but he can't see the face in the dark. Outside the blanket is chilling cold.

"Hey, ZhiRuo!! ZhiRuo!! Hey, you hear me? ZhiRuo!!"

ZhiRuo can hear but can't recognize the muffled voice. He doesn't even know he's still tightly closing his ears with his hands.

From adult ShenLing's view it's a child trembling in fear. It seems he's suffocating. Eyes tightly closed in fear, tightly closing ears, tear drops continuously dripping. The appearance gave ShenLing deja vu.

Back in those days, when he started taking care of his niece, his niece was certainly not normal mentally. All day silent and seems to be done with the world. But at nights, the bottled up fear, sadness, anger, depression all poured at once.

She often used to dream and hallucinate about his mom's death. Even though she was way too young remember anything other than the face, people around her described her mother's death and her parent's fight in such a horrible way. She would lost in those imaginary rumored type stories of her parents and have nightmares.

Then she wouldn't behave like a silent adult but a depressed child. She would cry in his arms for hours.

Zhiruo's just reminding him of her now.

ShenLing sighed and pulled ZhiRuo closer to him. With one hand he rubbed his head and with another hand his back.

"Shh, it's okay now. It's okay. "

He kept saying that in a calming voice.

With the warmth, ZhiRuo was taken aback and removed his hand from his ears. But holding for a long time, it's so sore to hear anything properly.

But with the warmth of that person in his embrace, the way his hands moves, ZhiRuo can tell it's not same hand his mother used to beat her with. It's someone else. Whoever not her mother. This feeling of safety can't  be felt when he's with his mother.

Whoever is this, yeah whoever... not her mother.

With damp, sore ears and itchy eyes in the winter, he started to feel dizzy.
Like that he passed out on ShenLing's chest.

Even though, the noise of fear from a child is not coming, ShenLing kept patting him.

"Jin, can you bring a piece of clothe and a basin of water?"

With the scream already, there were servants around them. But nobody didn't say anything based on the situation.

Jin said yes while bowing and went to bring them.

The assistant servant upon seeing the Empress's care to the child was amazed and felt guilty about how he disrespected ZhiRuo before. While majority of other servants are thinking, this is just a hassle. Why would the empress even bother with this abandoned child? If he likes taking care of children, he should just give birth to one.

Strangely when ShenLing was caring for ZhiRuo, to his own servants, he became a crazy witch who like to play with other's children.

....

In the study room of the emperor, the sound of drunk chatting and the sound of pouring wine on glass echoed in the winter evening.

Wan ZhanShao with his other 4 drunk minister from another country is talking. Ministers from Li country.

Li Minster 1, "Honestly, your Majesty, emperor Li is still amazed how you wanted to collaborate and take down YongAn. "

Li Minster 2,"YongAn's barrier is already weakened from the attacks in last 3 months. Just a few more. And then hahaha!!! "

Li Minster 4, "The best thing is how Jin Ai yu thought we'll be attacking you. Seriously, even though we played a good drama in passing information still how can he be this naive."

Wan ZhanShao, "He's already an idiot for a crown prince. "

Li Minster 3," By the way, your Majesty, I heard your empress is raising other women's child?"

Li Minster 1," Not women, ger's. Is he infertile? Then you should totally remove him from his position."

Last night's story already passed the whole palace. And obviously as servants wouldn't stop chatting, the ministers heard something when coming and want to gossip about this as they got nothing to do.

Wan ZhanShao, "He's totally fine. He's got a disease of not fulfilling his responsibilities. "

Li Minster 4, "I think it's because he's a virgin.  You know virgin women and ger are not pure mentally. They do a lot of dirty imaginations just like the disgusting workers from brothels. But maybe when he saw your treasure, he forgot his fantasies thinking of getting hurt."

Li Minster 3, "What are you saying? He's fucking old and fear for His Majesty's manhood? He should be honored. "

Li Minster 2,"Rebellious rich kids. I think his Majesty should just take his time and show him heaven. "

Like that they chatted to their heart's content and kept drinking like maniac until midnight.

...

After sending of the Ministers, Wan ZhanShao went to his Empress's palace.

"The emperor's here."

At midnight when everyone sleeping, they suddenly woke up at the sound terrifiedly and kneeled.

Wan ZhanShao went to Shengling's chamber and entered without any notice.

ShenLing was sleeping with ZhiRuo. He was holding him very closely.

He went and tried to wake up ShenLing by shaking his shoulders. ShenLing was in deep sleep and after continuously shaking him, he woke up.

ShenLing with dizzy eyes looked up and after seeing Wan ZhanShao, he was taken aback.

He said in a dizzy tone, "What?"

Wan ZhanShao grabbed him by his hand and pulled him. ShenLing was dizzy, so with that pressure he stood up. After that he was dragged by his hand on a different room. Wan ZhanShao was in a hurry.

He took ShenLing to a different room and shut the door.

The servants finally giggled and whispered to each other, " Finally we can wash a messy bedsheet tomorrow"

ShenLing was behind getting dragged, so he didn't see. But others sure saw the sign in emperor's clothes. The impatient branch after getting drunk.

Hi, it has been very long since post any. I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you for be with me here. I'm feeling happy reading the feedbacks you guys left. Thank you for coming here.

QUIZ TIME:

What will happen next?

a. Getting tainted by the bastard

b. Shenling Just beat him till he's unconscious

Bye, mua~💜💗