𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

Disclaimer: This is a takeover book from @bl3ach- so my book wont be as good as theirs! I totally recommend checking out their profile!

The battle had begun.

All I could see in front of me was smoke. Panic rose inside of me, whirling in my head like a tornado. My eyes darted to my friends, who were coughing and hacking from the smoke.

I needed to get them out of there.

I lifted them with my telekinesis and darted them towards the clearing. They screamed, telling me to get out of there, but I ignored them and charged at the cloaked figures. I grabbed my daggers and launched them at the Neverseen, but the Neverseen were too fast and I quickly ran out of daggers.

Fintan laughed as the Neverseen cornered her. "Foolish girl," He hissed.

I backed away, gritting my teeth. There was only one thing I could do. I focused on everyone the Neverseen had hurt in any way, letting the knot under my ribs go loose.

Kenric.

Mr. Forkle.

Jolie. 

Calla.

My friends.

My family.

When all of my rages were let loose, every member of the Neverseen was on the ground, withering in pain. I clutched my stomach, coughing. I had forgotten that I was inhaling smoke. I coughed some more and fell to the ground. 

Running footsteps approached me and I managed to pull open my foggy eyes to find all of my friends and Mr. Forkle running towards me. Strong arms picked me up.

"Stay with us, Sophie," Somone whispered in my ear.

I did my best to nod, but my head lolled to the side instead. Once I was pulled out of the smoke, a chorus of gasps emerged. I'd been in Mysterium that day with my friends when the Neverseen attacked, so that meant several people were watching, but I couldn't care less. I coughed again, wishing I was strong enough to clutch my chest.

"It's going to be okay," A voice I recognized as Elwins told me, "Here."

Soft fingers parted my lips as a cool liquid spread across my tongue. I swallowed the metallic-tasting liquid, clinging to Elwin's words as the liquid numbed as it went, pulling me down into the darkness.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

Cool tingles across my forehead pulled me back to reality. Someone was holding my hand, and there were 2 or 3 sniffles around me.

I slowly peeled my eyes open to find Grady and Edaline- my adoptive parents holding my hand.

"Hey, kiddo," Grady whispered.

I gave a weak smile in response. I glanced to the other side of my bed to find my friends sitting there with relieved smiles.

"You nearly gave us all heart attacks, just so you know," Keefe told me.

Realization hit me. "Did anyone get hurt?" I asked, concern lacing into my voice.

Biana smiled. "Nope. You saved everyone's lives."

"Almost for your own," Tam added.

I rolled my eyes. "You guys almost died too,"

We all talked for the rest of the day until I got tired and needed sleep.

Once my friends and family left, Elwin gave me some medicine.

"You did good kiddo. Just stay out of trouble for a while."

I laughed and pulled the covers over myself and got ready for deep sleep.

Boy, was I wrong?

I dreamed of the screams of my friends.

The taunting voices of the Neverseen.

The smoke in my lungs.

I shot up from my sleep, shaking. Suddenly, a cold cloth was pressed against my face, muffling my scream.

****************

Who am I?

What's my name? 

Why am I here?

My eyes fluttered open, and I found 3 people leaning over me.

"So she lives," A raspy voice called. 

Vespera. I remembered her.

"Uh- hi Vespera?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"It worked," My mother whispered.

What worked? Was something wrong with me?

A/N Yea, I know, short chapter. The next one will be much longer!