𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

After I had gotten the sedative, I headed to the library and guzzled it right down. Before I passed out, I managed to walk over to the trash and throw away the bottle before anyone saw it.

The world was spinning, spinning, spinning.

Ruy did not tell me it was going to feel this horrible.

"I'm gonna kill you, Ruy," I muttered under my hazy breath.

My vision became blurry as I stumbled over to a shelf and grabbed onto it.

"Are you okay back there, sweetie?" I heard the woman who ran the library ask.

I was too weak to answer.

My knees buckled as my vision started to get hazier and hazier by the second.

The last thing I saw was Tam rushing over to my side before everything went black.

*******

Voices rang through my ears as my head pounded.

When I get back to the base, Ruy is going to die. I thought to myself in rage.

I slowly peeled my eyes open to find a man with frizzy hair, odd glasses, and a shirt covered in mini Banshees leaning over me.

"Ah, you're finally awake. I'm Elwin."

I didn't respond. He tilted his head at me.

"You're a quiet one. Don't worry- I promise don't bite." He winked.

"I hope not," I muttered under my breath.

"She speaks!" Elwin teased me.

It took everything in my power not to roll my eyes. After a long silence, there was a knock on the door.

"I bet that's Tam." He told me.

I internally groaned. The door opened... And there he was.

But he wasn't alone. Keefe, Biana, Marella, Linh, Dex and Fitz stood behind him.

"Ooo, I am not getting very happy vibes from Emal." Keefe teased me.

"Can I just go home now?" I asked through a groan as I pretended to have a headache.

"Yep, your brother is on his way, your parents weren't answering," Elwin told me while flashing a light blue light in my eyes.

Relief and fear ran down my spine. I was relieved that I'd be going home, but I was petrified about the fact that Elwin had hailed my parents. They were going to be so mad.

Keefe seemed to notice my feelings but didn't point them out. I silently thanked him.

"Shoot, guys we gotta get back to class," Fitz said.

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at the clock on the wall. It was clear that I'd been out for hours and that school had just ended.

Elwin seemed to notice too. "Didn't school just- ohhhh" his voice trailed off into a whisper.

I knew they were hiding something from me, but I returned the favour to Keefe and kept my mouth shut... for now.

A/N please don't be mad at me for the short chapters. I'm really trying my best since this summer has been insane for me. But have an amazing day my little beez!