𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5

Ruy walked over to my bed and sat beside me, taking the uniform and placing it in the middle.

"Listen, Nyx. I get that you don't want to go to Foxfire. Trust me, I've been in your place. But... mom and dad are counting on you. If you won't do it for them... can you at least do it for me?" He pleaded.

I hesitated. No, I didn't want to go to Foxfire. Like, at all. But... Ruy had always been there for me. The least I could do was do a small favor for him... even if it meant I suffered.

I sighed. "I'll do it."

********

"Get up, Nyx," My fathers voice boomed through my dreams, again.

I groaned and peeled my eyes open, letting out a big sigh before stretching and dragging myself out of bed.

"It's time for school," Ruy told me as I made my way over to my closet where my foxfire uniform was, his voice all sing-songey.

"Ruy, if you don't shut up I swear I will kick you so hard you'll fly to Mars." I threatened, murder in my eyes.

Honestly, why couldn't I have any peace.

Ruy threw his hands up as a gesture of surrender, then walking away to training room.

I rolled my eyes and shut my door, slipping on the stupid, uncomfortable, cringe uniform and stuffing lots of daggers inside my pockets.

I walked over to my very small mirror and tilted my head at the ugly uniform. I scrunched my nose.

"I'd rather eat rotten tomatoes from the forbidden cities than wear this piece of-" I was ranting to myself, but Gisela cut me off my practically slamming my door open.

"NYX! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

I cursed and grabbed my leaping crystal off my desk and chugged down some disguise elixirs.

"Foxfire!" I nearly screamed into my leaping crystal.

  **********Time skip***********

When I finally got to Foxfire, I raced into the halls, not even knowing where I was going. I just needed to find my class.

As I was running, I crashed into a boy and fell to the ground with a big THUMP.

Just my luck.

I scrambled to pick my papers back up, blushing intensely from the embarrassment.

But you never blush! My inner voice yelled at me.

The boy crouched down to help me pick up my stupid papers.

"Thanks," I muttered, hoping to the stars that he didn't notice my intense blush.

I looked up and studied his features, he had blonde, messy hair, his tunic was untucked from his pants, he had ice blue eyes with heavy bags under them and smirked when he noticed me staring.

"Struck by my handsomeness, I see." 

I snorted. "You wish."

He tilted his head at me. "You remind me of someone."

"Do I now?" I questioned as I got back up on my feet. 

He smiled and nodded. "Her name was Sophie. She was your age, and i mean it when I say she was very clumsy."

I frowned. "Why past tense?" 

The boy seemed to choke up. "She- she uh, went missing about a month ago... And the council prusmed her dead."

"Oh..." I whispered, not sure why I was so invested in the story.

The boy shook his head as if he was shaking away the thoughts. "I'm Keefe."

"I'm Nyx," I told him.

He raised an eyebrow as if he were waiting for me to tell my last name.

I panicked a little, not sure what to say.

Father had told me not to tell anyone my real last name, in case there were creeps.

I didn't know what to say, so I just took flame and turned it backward without the F.

"Nyx Emal."

"So, it's your first day, huh Emal?" He asked as he walked me down the hallway.

"Yeah." I muttered, not sure how to feel about someone calling me by my "last name".

"What level?"

"Uh- level 5."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "That's the same level Foster was in."

I couldn't tell what that was supposed to mean, so I kept my mouth shut.

Keefe led me down the halls and into the level 6 Wing.

I gave a small thanks and started to walk off.

"Oh, and Emal?" He shouted behind me.

I turned around.

"I have some people for you to meet."