𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

"So, it's your first day, huh Emal?" He asked as he walked me down the hallway.

"Yeah." I muttered, not sure how to feel about someone calling me by my "last name".

"What level?"

"Uh- level 6."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "That's the same level Foster was in."

I couldn't tell what that was supposed to mean, so I kept my mouth shut.

Keefe led me down the halls and into the level 6 Wing.

I gave a small thanks and started to walk off.

"Oh, and Emal?" He shouted behind me.

I turned around.

"I have some people for you to meet."

********

After my class was finally finished, I headed to the cafeteria, keeping my head low so that I could blend in with the crowd.

But that Keefe dude, however, unfortunately did not understand the assignment.

"OVER HERE, EMAL!" He shouted across the cafeteria.

My cheeks turned flaming hot as everyone stared at me.

I shook my head.

You can't be serious! First, you blush for dropping your books, and now you're afraid of some pathetic little rats staring at you?! I scolded myself.

I made eye contact with one of them and glared at them like the stars were shards of glass from their now broken and shattered soul.

They let out a small squeak before running off.

I hid my smirk as I trudged over to Keefe.

"Sit," Keefe commanded.

I quickly scanned for a spot... And the only one was beside some girl with brown hair and teal eyes.

I plopped down, not caring even the slightest when she yelped and scooted over.

"Your shout broke my eardrums, Keefe." Muttered a boy with the same features of the girl I was sitting next to.

A boy with periwinkle eyes and red hair rolled his eyes. "And you're overdramatic."

I pushed my food aside.

Too colourful.

"Not hungry?" The girl with real eyes asked.

I shook my head.

An emo-looking boy with silver tipped bangs tilted his head at me, curiosity in his eyes. "Is she mute or something?"

A girl looking the same as the emo dude shoved him in the shoulder.

I tilted my head back at him. "I'm not mute, I just don't talk. "

The boy with periwinkle eyes chuckled. "You're weird, I like you."

"Well I don't." I replied with a sarcastic smile.

I started to fidget with a ring Father had given me, apparently to keep on my disguise.

Now that I'd thought about it... was this the ring I'd caught father and mother arguing about?

I gave up and decided to shove it into the part of my brain labeled, Things To Figure Out Later.

"I think we should introduce ourselves," a girl with long braids and teal eyes said. "I'll go first. I'm Marella."

"I'm Linh," the emo-looking girl told me with a smile.

"Tam," said the emo-looking dude.

"I'm Fitz, and that's Biana." The boy with brown hair and teal eyes said, then pointed to the girl with the same as him.

"I'm the almighty LORD HUNKYHAIR!" He'd shouted across the cafeteria.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Nyx."

I went back to fidgeting with my ring.

"What's that?" Marella asked, reaching across the table and snatching it.

"Hey! Give that back!" I shouted angrily, snatching it back.

"Geez," Marella muttered under her breath.

I slipped my ring back on before my disguise came off and ran to the washroom.

I locked myself in and leaned on the marble door, sinking slowly to the ground with relief and anger.

Why does school have to be so HARD?! I asked myself, burying my face in my hands.

There was a knock on the door. "Are you okay?" I heard Biana ask, concern in her voice.

"I'm fine." I lied.

The truth was, I wasn't fine... But there was no way I was admitting that.

"Okay... Well you know where to find me of you need anything."

And with that, she walked off.

When I was sure she was gone, I let the tears in my eyes flow down.

The weird thing was, I didn't even know why I was crying.

You're just a baby. I scolded myself.

I got up and rinsed my face off, making sure you couldn't tell that I was crying before pulling out my imparter.

If I was going to get through the day, I was going to need some assistance.