𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7

Why does school have to be so HARD?! I asked myself, burying my face in my hands.

There was a knock on the door. "Are you okay?" I heard Biana ask, concern in her voice.

"I'm fine." I lied.

The truth was, I wasn't fine... But there was no way I was admitting that.

"Okay... Well you know where to find me of you need anything."

And with that, she walked off.

When I was sure she was gone, I let the tears in my eyes flow down.

The weird thing was, I didn't even know why I was crying.

You're just a baby. I scolded myself.

I got up and rinsed my face off, making sure you couldn't tell that I was crying before pulling out my imparter.

If I was going to get through the day, I was going to need some assistance.

********

I sighed after what felt like hours of trying to get Ruy to pick up.

I pressed the hail button one more time, cursing.

"I swear to the unmapped stars if Ruy doesn't pick up, I'm gonna drag him over here and force him to go to school with me."

Ironically, this time Ruy answered.

"It's about time!" I nearly shouted into the imparter.

He winced. "No need to be so harsh! So, sis, what'cha need?"

"Okay, first, never call me that again, and second, I need to get OUT of here."

"Why?"

"Hmm... Maybe because these little rats are driving me crazy!"

He rolled his eyes. "You're being dramatic."

"Am I now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know what you want me to do for you, Nyx." He muttered, annoyed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"How about you start with getting me out of here?"

"And then what? I hide you? I think we both know how upset father and mother would be."

I groaned. "At this point, I don't even care."

There was a brief silence... And then that stupid bell rang.

"Well, that's just great. Now I have class with some other hobo."

I was about to hang up when Ruy sighed.

"Nyx, wait!"

"What, Ruy?" I asked, annoyed.

"I have an idea." He told me.

There was a long silence.

I raised an eyebrow. "Well? Spit it out Ruy."

"There is one thing you can do..." He muttered.

Another long silence.

"JUST SPIT IT OUT YOU TOE-SUCKING FROG FACED RAT!" I had officially lost my temper.

He made a face. "That's creative."

My eye twitched. "So help me Ruy!"

"Alirght, alright! Just get sick."

I blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

He rolled his eyes at me. "Do I really have to explain everything to you? Just pretend to pass out!"

I made a face. "You know how bad I am at that, Ruy!"

He bit his lip. "You're right..."

He sat there thinking for a while.

"Ah!" He finally said, scaring the living daylights outta me.

"What's your big idea?"

"In the medical center, there is a whole bunch of sedatives and stuff. Sneak in and grab one from the Physician named Elwin, and guzzle it down secretly in the library. Someone will find you there and bring you back to the medical center, then Elwin will call your fake parents and you'll come back here."

"Wouldn't it just be better to fake being sick instead of passing out?" I asked.

He shrugged. "A little fun can't hurt."

"Alright then."

And with that, I hung up. Time for some fun.

******Time Skip******

After I had gotten the sedative, I headed to the library and guzzled it right down. Before I passed out, I managed to walk over to the trash and throw away the bottle before anyone saw it.

The world was spinning, spinning, spinning.

Ruy did not tell me it was going to feel this horrible.

"I'm gonna kill you, Ruy." I muttered under my hazy breath.

My vision became blurry as I stumbled over to a shelf and grabbed onto it.

"Are you okay back there, sweetie?" I heard the woman who ran the library ask.

I was too weak to answer.

My knees buckled as my vision started to get more and more hazy by the second.

The last thing I saw was Tam rushing over to my side before everything went black.