Mated

"CRASH" Glass shatters as shadow body is thrown through the glass door. He lays on the cold concrete with the glass prickling his back. "Fuck!" Shadow groaned as he gets up and shakes off the glass from his leather jacket. "That's it! I've had it with you Rouge!" He yelled. "Oh so your dumping me fine!" She yelled back throwing is helmet and motorcycle keys out the broken door. "Fuck you!" She shouted and slammed the dark wood door. "Bitch" he muttered putting on his helmet and turns on his Harley. The engine roars as he sped out of the neighborhood. He lets his mind wonder and body relax by the vibration as he pulls into his garage. He turns off the motorcycle and gets off to lock up his garage door. He doesn't know why but he decided to go for a walk in the semi-cold night. As he continues to walk down through downtown mushroom kingdom he felt a drop of rain on his cheek. He looks up to see the dark sky had gotten darker as a flash of lightning glows across the sky. "Damn it!" He said and started to run as the rain pours down. He seeks shelter under a fruit stand canopy shivering wet. He picks out a piece of glass from the crest of his jacket just as a dark car pulls up on the dark wet road. He watch the window roll down and a pair of purple eyes glow through the darkness. "Shadz is that you man?" Knuckles asked and shadow sighs in relief that it was his good friend. "Yeah man it's me." He said. "Hop in Shadz" Knuckles said unlocking the door. Shadow gets in and is glad to be out of the rain. "Thanks knux I didn't expect it to rain tonight or else I wouldn't walked." Shadow said putting his seatbelt on. "Why were you walking this late?" Knuckles asked placing the car in gear. "I was thinking about what to do next because I broke up with Rouge." He said looking out the window. "Damn for real?" Knuckles asked, shadow nodded his red eyes showing some hurt. "Wanna get a drink?" Knuckles asked. "If you're buying man" Shadow said with a chuckle. "By the way what are you doing out so late?" He asked the red echidna. "Never ever trust Sonic and Mario in taking shots together when they invite you to tag along. Poor Luigi and Tails got wasted. I had to drag all four of them back to Luigi's place." Knuckles laughs. "Honestly it was very entertaining. Luigi and Mario were singing Call Me Maybe in Italian and sonic and tails tried to sing it to in Italian but it was a mess" knuckles laughs a bit harder and shadow snorted before laughing hard. "Please tell me you have a video!" Shadow said still laughing. "Oh I freaking do!" Knuckles said. "I'll show you when we get to jacks." "Ok" they continue to laugh.
Knuckles parks the car outside of Buzzer Hill Bar. They both get out and run in since the rain hasn't let up much. "BOYS WELCOME!" Jack said. "Knuckles did you get Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and Tails home ok?" "Yeah I did Jack." "Good! What can I get you two tonight?" "Margarita for me please" shadow said" "Hard Cider for me" knuckles said. "Ok!" Jack replied with a smile. Knuckles and Shadow sit at the bar stools and watch Jack make their drinks. "So the video?" "Oh right!" Knuckles pulls out his phone and goes for his video gallery. "Here it is" he said as he pushes play. Shadow couldn't hold in his laughter to finish the video. "Omg!" He said laughing harder that he almost falls out of the stool. "Whoa!" Knuckles catches him by grabbing his jacket and pulls him up. "Nice catch." Shadow said fixing himself on the stool. "No problem." "That was great good for blackmail." Shadow grins. Jack brings their drinks and they sip on it continuing to talk. Shadow soon feels a bit better about the break up and is happy to run into knuckles. "Say wanna get something to eat?" Knuckles asked. "Sure" Shadow replied. The rain had finally let up so they decided to walk to the 24/7 Café two stores down. The warm fresh brew coffee and baked goods blows in their faces as they enter the café. "Two please" shadow said to the host. He sits them down in a booth next to cold window. "What can I get you both?" Asked a red hair girl in a slight southern accent. "I'll have a cup of coffee with two creams one sugar and a plain bagel with cream cheese on the side please." Knuckles said with a smile. "I'll have the same but I would like my coffee black with two sugar." Shadow said. "Alright!" She chirped taking their menus and walking off. "Since when do you like bagels?" Knuckles asked. "When Amy made some with muffins and brought them to work last month." Shadow said looking out the window. "Those were good, Thank you." Knuckles said as the waitress puts their coffee mug on the table with their food. She nods and leaves the two to enjoy. Shadow takes a sip of his coffee while knuckles spreads the cream cheese on his bagel and adds a pinch of salt. "Weird combination but hey your weird anyways knucklehead." Shadow teased. "Shut up Shadz" knuckles huffed and takes a bite. Shadow all of a sudden feels warm inside his chest and his heart started to beat a bit faster. He shrugged it off thinking it was his coffee. He once again gets lost in his thoughts looking out the window. He doesn't hear knuckles talking to him as his vision goes a bit hazy and has little specs of sunset colors. He knew instantly that his true mate was near, yet there were only 8 people in the whole café. The host, waitress, cook, a husband and Wife traveling, a drunk guy getting sober, shadow and Knuckles. So who was it? Are they somewhere in here or outside? "Shadz?" Knuckles said snapping his fingers in shadows face bringing him back to reality. "Dude I been asking if you wanted a refill for the past 3 mins? Are you ok?" Knuckles asked worried. "What oh yes please" he waved to the waitress who refills his cup. Shadow nods thanking her putting the two packets of sugar in. "I'm fine just got lost in my head again. Also I'm getting a bit tired." Shadow said looking up at knuckles. "Ok" he replied. Shadow suddenly feels that feeling again and the vision reappears. When Knuckles looks back up his eyes appear brighter and sparkle. His lips are moving but shadow doesn't hear anything but his heart racing. "SHADZ?!" Knuckles once again snaps him back to reality and waves to the other three customers as a apology for yelling. "We should get you home man your lost in your own mind again." "No no! I mean it's fine," shadow shoves the bagel in his mouth forgetting the cream cheese. He swallows the dry slightly seasoned bagel and smiles. "See all good!" Knuckles looks at him blankly and confused. "Welllllll alllriggthy then" he said finishing his. "Do you want me to drive you home?" "If you don't mind" shadow said kinda nervously. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME WHY AM I ACTING WERID AROUND HIM ALL OF A SUDDEN?! HIS EYES WERE DIFFERENT!!!! OMG COULD IT BE....." shadow looks up and sees the same thing again as he puts the cash down for the meal. "Shadz I was gonna buy." "No I'll buy this ok?" Shadow said looking down. "Shadz seriously are you ok?" "Yes totally!" Shadow said gulping down his mug which tasted very different. He looks up to see Knuckles's arms crossed. "Really cause you just gulped down the rest of my coffee." He said chuckling. Shadow snorts and burst out laughing. "Ok I need some sleep...." He finally said giving the waitress a $25 tip which was $15 more than their meal.
During the driving shadow shuffles on his seat because Knuckles scent becomes intoxicating to him and he just wants to have him pull the car over and hold him. "Why am I having these thoughts.... Why is his scent suddenly making me feel horny and I want him inside of me?! Goddamn it what is going on?!" Shadow feels himself getting hard and conceals it with his jacket. Knuckles doesn't notice since his eyes stayed on the road. "Hurry up! I don't know how much longer I can take this!" Knuckles pulls into shadow's driveway. "Hey I'll see ya tomorrow at work man." Knuckles said with a smile. Shadow blushes and hides his boner as he gets out. "Yeah I'll see ya tomorrow." He said shutting the door. Knuckles pulls out of the driveway once shadow heads inside his house. Shadow breaths a heavy sigh of relief but the thoughts are still there. He starts to hurt down "there" and knew he had to take care of it. He heads into his room and locks himself in the bathroom to take a shower. He rubs himself off with images of him and knuckles together flashing in his mind. "Goddamn it why am I thinking of this?! I never did before but I suddenly do!" He muttered. He finally releases and feels a lot better. He gets out of the shower and dries off as he calls his uncle. "Hello?" "Uncle it's me Shadow" "Isn't it late over there?" "Yes but," he sighs "When you link with someone can it be with the same sex?" He uncle was quite for a moment "Yes in todays world it has been accepted into our society. Hell your Father. May he rest with my sister. Declared that all vampires with their links shall be accepted because it's completely random and only happens once unless the case of a death of a mate then it can happen again. Why do you ask?" "Because I found my mate..... and I don't know how to tell him..." "Just be yourself shadow get to know him."

"But I already know him uncle that's why it's going to be so hard to tell him.....because my mate is......... Knuckles....."