Crushing

"I just want someone to come and stake me in the heart right now!" Shadow thought as he sits next to Knuckles during a meeting about the upcoming Winter Olympic game they will be doing. Mario, Pauline, and Luigi notices Shadow acting "strange". Mario slides a note to his brother and friend. They both read the note. "I know we are all thinking it, let's talk to him after the meeting." They nod in agreement. "So after Halloween we must get everything prepared to leave the following week. Such as daycare, packing, home sitters, pet sitters, etc. because we won't be back until late February. Any Questions?" Katherine asked looking at Mario, Sonic and the whole crew. "No ok after today please meet with Toadette in the lodge to get your flight and cabin numbers. Thank you all and you may return to work." She finished. Everyone starts to leave the room. Mario and Luigi wait for Shadow who comes out before Katherine. As soon as he walks out they both grab him by the arm and drag him into the room next door. Pauline shuts and locks the door behind them as they sit Shadow down on one of the chairs in a dimly lit office room. "What the hell?!" Shadow demanded. "Ok you were acting weird the whole time in the meeting since Knuckles sat down next to you." Pauline blurred out. "Actually you been acting weird around him all week. We just want to know why" Mario said leaning on the wall. "It's non of your damn bus-" "You're in love with Knuckles aren't you? You linked with him." Luigi said bluntly and shadow goes quiet. Shadow feels his face burning and looks down nodding. The three Italian born friends look at each other. "I don't know what to do....." he said softly. "Look from what Daisy and I learned about vampire mating what your feeling isn't going to stop until you tell him. Only then it will go away when he accepts or rejects your love." "You're right Luigi but it's hard I don't even know if he likes guys....." "oh please before you came to college he had just dump his boyfriend because he caught him stealing money for drugs." Pauline said. "Wait boyfriend I thought since he dated rouge, Julie Su, and Shade he was-." "He's bisexual Shadow" Mario said. "I'm surprised he never told you." Shadow looks down a smile creeping on his face feeling relieved. "Wait what if he rejects me?!" "Who rejects you?" Knuckles said. "How did you get in here?!" Shadow asked. "It's my office?" He turns on the lights. "What are you four doing in here with the door locked?" He asked. Mario, Luigi, and Pauline look at each other. "Just talking to shadow about love advice" "yeah" "that's all well look at that gotta go bye!" They bolt out of there leaving Shadow alone with Knuckles. Knuckles turns to look at his black red streaks quilled friend who's frozen in the chair redder than his fur. "Love advice? The sexy Romanian vampire needing love advice?" He teased shadow as he puts his papers for every to send in next month in the filing cabinet. "S-shut up man" shadow said still red. "Shadz you good" he puts his hand on shadow's shoulder and felt something electrifying before shadow bolts up. "Y-y-yeah I'm good m-man oh look at that I need to meet with Peach for that thing....." he smiles nervously and trips over the chair in front of him. "I'm ok!" He said but backs into a tall lamp knocking it over. Knuckles looks at his friend that's struggling to put the lamp back up confused. "Stay!" Shadow said to the lamp and smiles. He turns and walks right into the wall. He shakes his head from the impact. "Hehe sturdy wall nice." He said finally walking out face and ears completely red.
Knuckles stands there. "What the fuck did he take this morning" he asked himself before leaving his office.

"So you tripped over the chair?" "Then knocked over a lamp and struggled to put it back up?" "And finally ran into the wall next to the door?" Luigi, Mario, and Pauline asked in that order trying not to laugh as Shadow has his head down on the table. Grumbles as he nods completely embarrassed. "Wooooow...." the three Italians say.

Shadow walks to his car fiddling with his keys. "I just need to get home and take my mind off of him" he thought as he gets in his car. He lays his head on the steering wheel and taps his head on it. "For the love of god make it stop....." he muttered turning on the car and speeding out of the parking lot. "Is he ok?" Sonic asked knuckles. "I honestly don't know man he started acting like this when we went to the café after jacks." Knuckles said. "Maybe too much coffee?" "Maybe.... So you and Amy set a date yet?" "Yep June not next the following year." "Still can't believe you guys are getting married." "Right!"

Knuckles pulls into the driveway of shadows house a few hours later. It's Friday night so he thought him and shadow could grab a few drinks with the guys. He knocks on the door and waited for shadow. When shadow opens the door he blushes red when he sees knuckles. "Hey Shadz wanna one with me for some drinks with the guys?" "Not tonight knux..." he said folding his ears down. "Ok let me in and tell me what the hell is wrong with you." Knuckles said sternly staring at his friends wearing nothing but sweatpants. Shadow moves aside and lets him in. "Can I get you anything to drink?" He asked Knuckles as he takes off his hoodie. "Sure what do you have?" Knuckles said hanging up his hoodie on the coat hook. Shadow blushes watching his body move. "Um water, rum, cola, and ummmm milk?" He said. "Water be fine thanks." He said sitting on the couch. Shadow brings two glasses of water over. "Ok talk man." Knuckles said taking a sip. "Sigh..... so I found my true link......." Shadow said finally. Knuckles brows raise as he finishes his drink. "Really?" He said. "That's great." "But there's a problem......" "which is?" "I dont know if he will feel the same...." Shadow said knuckles nods. "Well you won't truly know unless you take the risk" he said looking at shadow. Deep down shadow couldn't take it anymore. "Your right I should take the risk....." "Good now who are you link t-" knuckles was interrupted and shock. Shadow kisses him and hopes he will return the kiss. He's risking their friendship for this moment.

To his surprise knuckles returns the kiss.