Heartbreak

Maria has him cornered already beaten to a pulp. His eyes widen in fear as she bolts to him gripping him by the throat. Her pearl white fangs grow and sinks into his neck. He screams in pure pain and fear. His eyes begin to dim his purple color as the blood from his body drains. "HES MINE!" She yelled before        slitting his throat and feast on the remaining blood pouring from his neck.

Shadow bolts awake sweat dripping from his face. He looks around their guest room frantically and finally relaxes seeing Knuckles sound asleep next to him. "Thank god it was just a nightmare..... or was it a warning?" It didn't matter at that moment to him and he held Knuckles closer to him burying his face in the back of his fur. The sweet scent of mint relaxes him and he falls asleep.

Knuckles wakes up to find shadow holding him tighter than normal. "Shadz?" He asked as he gently shakes him. "Hmmm?" Shadow moaned nuzzle deeper in his body. "Did you have a nightmare about losing me last night?" Knuckles guess. "Mmmmmhummm" shadow replied. "I'm not going anywhere Shadz you know that. But right now I would like to get up and get some breakfast." He chuckled. "Five more minutes...." "No" "pleeeeeeese~" shadow purred. Knuckles sighed "Fine but if your uncle yells at us for being late I'm blaming you." "Sonic will run later than us I highly doubt it" shadow mutters. Knuckles burst out laughing.
Just like shadow said sonic was late for breakfast. "I'm so sorry your majesty!" Sonic said with a bow. "Sonic it's quite alright I would just hate for my guests not to have a fresh cooked breakfast. So please relax and sit" Vladimir Smiled. Sonic bows his head and sits between Mario and Amy. "Now I'm so glad to meet you all and would like to know you more. My nephew has talked very highly of you all. And I'm so happy he's found very good friends along with his mate" he smiled. Shadow spits out his water. "UNCLE WE NEVER-" "Shadz our friends knew for a month now you can relax." "And when we're you gonna tell me that?!" "touché" "We're all just happy you two found each other" Daisy smiled. "I called it happening." Katherine said sipping her hot tea. "How?" Knuckles and Shadow asked. "Oh please since you two met there was something between you" "she's not wrong" rouge said taking a bite of a flower cut out shaped melon. "Then why date me?" "Because you asked me?" Knuckles and everyone laughs as shadow turns red. "Fair point" he growls hiding his laugh. "Mr. Night your blood orange tea with a fresh slice." The maid said placing the cup down. "Thank you Tiff." He smiled sinking his fangs into the slice draining the juices. "And here's your coffee two cream two sugars for you Mr. Echidna." She said placing his mug down. "Thank you." Everyone enjoys their meals as well as lovely conversations as Vladimir learns more about his nephews friends. Shadow smiles as he finishes his tea but starts to feel extremely dizzy suddenly. "Shadz?" Knuckles said. "I need to go lay down..." shadow said but as soon as he gets up he collapses. "SHADOW!" Knuckles yelled catching him. "Get the nurse here stat!" Vladimir said rushing over to them. Knuckles refuses to let shadow go until the nurse arrived.
Knuckles sits next to shadow's hospital bed as shadow lays there in a peaceful sleep. The nurse couldn't find anything that could've caused this to happen. Vladimir had burst through the kitchen searching For anything that could've cause his nephew to collapse but found nothing. Knuckles looks up at his friends who are just as worried as he was hoping shadow would wake up soon. "Where is he?" A female voice said outside the door. "No not her...." Knuckles muttered. Maria walks in and runs right to shadow. "Omg what happened?!" She demanded. "He collapsed that's all you need to know." Knuckles growled at her as she hisses at him. Shadow Begins to stir. He's still heavily sedated but what he said in his drugged out state shocks everyone. "Ma-marrrrriiaaaa. Mariaaaaa" he said slurry. Knuckles heart sinks and leaves the room his friends following him. "I told that dumbass echidna he's mine~" she smiled kissing shadow's lips.
"KNUCKLES WAIT!" Sonic and Mario yelled. Knuckles ignores his friends calling out his names. "He said he loved only me. He said that to my face! He told me he doesn't love her! HE LIED TO ME!" He thought tears falling from his eyes. He feels Sonic's hand on his shoulder stopping him. Sonic sees his friends eyes filled with heartbreak and tears. "Let's take you back to the cabins...." He said as he gives his best friend and tight hug. Mario joins and knuckles feels his heart breaking more.

"I'll never forgive you shadow I hate you!"