Birthday! 🎂

Y/n's POV:

  What happened?! I think to myself as Camilo and I look at each other. "C'mon, she sounds angry..." Camilo states, breaking the silence.

  "O-Ok.." I stutter and grab his hand. We walk out of his room and glide down the stairs.

  "Good, everyone's here. Now anyone care to explain WHY THE GUZMANS THINK WE'RE CRAZY?!" Abuela shouts. The whole room goes dead silent.

  I gulp softly. I look over at Mirabel, her head is bowed and her arms are crossed in fear... And guilt.

  Please don't yell at Mirabel Abuela, please... My wishes aren't answered and Abuela starts to raise her voice more.

  "IF YOU WERE THINKING MIRABEL YOU ARE CORRECT!! SHE IS THE REASON THE GUZMANS DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS FAMILY! CARE TO EXPLAIN?!" Abuela screams, then turning to Mirabel.

  She crosses her feet. "I-I'm sorry Abuela- I really am!" Mirabel mumbles in her defense. 

  "Look at me when your talking to me young lady!" Abuela states firmly.

  Mirabel raises her head, tears filling her eyes. "I'm, sorry.." 

  "For what?! Tell the whole family!" Abuela says with a rude sarcastic tone. I narrow my eyes and glare at her. What a B word...

  "I'm...Sorry... That I can't be perfect!" Mirabel says, raising her voice and uncrossing her arms. I step back a bit. She needs her space.

  Camilo looks back at me, I nod my head slightly and look back at Abuela waiting for her answer.

  "Go to your room you brat." Abuela scoffs looking away. I step up ready to argue, but Camilo pulls me back.

  I glare at him, hounding the hint that I'm angry. He bows his head with sorrow, he's mad as well.

  I soften my expression and step back again, locking my arm with Camilo's.

  "Excuse you?! That is MY daughter you are speaking to!" Señora Julieta scoffs, stepping up to the scene.

  "Pardon? She has done nothing but ruin things!" Abuela says looking back. Anger flashing through her eyes. Dishonor. 

  They start to argue, going back and fourth with their arguments.

  "This is our cue to go.." I whisper to Camilo. He nods. I glance over at Mirabel, she looks at me in sorrow. Guilt flashing through her eyes.

  I motion for her to follow me as Camilo drags me away. She smiles softly and sneaks away.

  We make it outside and Mirabel eventually comes out as well. "Phew." Camilo sighs wiping his forehead.

  "Hey... Thanks for still sticking with me." Mirabel says softly, perking up from behind us. 

  "It's no problem girlie! Abuela is a cruel person..." I trail off, thinking about how I still need to ask her about the photo.

  "Hey, y'all wanna go somewhere to hide? No one will find us, and Dolores promised to never tell." Camilo questions interrupting my thoughts.

  I giggle slightly and Mirabel does the same. We nod and Camilo leads us to a small River. 

  "Woah.." I sigh. "I know right." Camilo grins, looking up at the stars. Mirabel sits by the edge, I walk up to her and crouch down.

  "You know it's not your fault, right?" I ask her.

  She stays silent. I feel like a rock is being thrown at my stomach, I hate seeing my best friend having the guilt of someone else's problems being put on her.