'A stressed Valentina shopping'

"Right" Valentina says determinedly, scanning a list on her phone. School was out, and Keisha, Valentina and I were inside the busy mall filled in with many people. Keisha had been kind enough to warn me of a 'stressed Valentina shopping' during history class, and had received a jab in her ribs.

From the way Keisha described her experiences with shopping with Valentina, I definitely should be scared. But I felt excited at the prospect instead. I've never gone shopping with girls I could call my friends before.

"We have 15 different stores to look in to try and find the perfect dress" Valentina frets. "By 7 o'clock preferably. I don't feel like having my head bitten off by my mother" Keisha adds in, checking the time on her phone. I look over her shoulder at her phone and turn to Valentina.

"We've got exactly 3 hours, and 15 minutes" I inform her. This sets off a dangerous gleam in her eye, And she grabs both our arms and hauls us into the first store on her list. It's a fancy looking place with a lot of expensive looking dresses. We're girls on a mission here as Valentina splits us up to find dresses that were quote, unquote 'quenceañera worthy'.

"Valentina is one picky bitch. We'll be here for hours" Keisha groans the minute we separate from Valentina. We weren't too far from her apparently, as we soon heard her yell from another isle, "I heard that!"

Keisha yells back, "congratulations , you have good hearing".

I stifle a laugh, so Valentina wouldn't yell at me too. I just became friends with the girl, I don't want her yelling at me too soon.

We spend a good 40 minutes in the store, carefully choosing dresses we thought would suit Valentina, only to have her try them on, and then put them all back again. Having to do that again and again would usually be a chore, but I don't remember the last time I had this much fun. What with Valentina and Keisha bickering, rushing around the store and sharing our own thoughts about the dresses.

We didn't end up finding the dress. Valentina thought they were all either too short, too frilly, too sparkly, too low-cut, too everything. I honestly thought the poor store clerk who had to put every dress back after she had tried it on would kill her for walking out the store empty-handed. I had good reason to believe so, as the death glare he sent her when we were walking out was a clear insight to his thoughts.

Now we were in the mall's food court, enjoying our Cheeseburgers, fries, coke and McFlurries. We as in Keisha and I anyway, as Valentina was busy stressing. "If I don't find the dress by 7 pm today, I am going to be Una chica muerta caminando" She mutters putting her face in her hands.

"And we don't want that to happen do we" a familiar voice comes from behind me. Valentina doesn't look up as she recognises the voice, and groans in annoyance. Keisha rolls her eyes, and I turn to see Diego, Damien, Ethan and Lee. I wave happily at them and invite them to sit down.

"At least Lily is happy to see us" Damien huffs in offense as they sit down with us. Keisha gives her brother a deadpan look.

"Lily is just nice". I wink at her.

"Or I'm just a great actress" Keisha leans over to fist bump me and grins at an even more offended Damien.

"How'd your little shopping spree go?" Ethan asks us, trying to sneakily take one of Valentina's fries. She smacks his hand away, and he pulls away quickly mumbling something about how friends shouldn't let friends starve to death.

Keisha scoffs. "Little? We spent ages in just one store with Valentina trying on every dress they had, we've got 14 more to look in."