Three, two, one, Happy Graduation!

TW: SA

"And finally, I would like to say, that I will miss each and every single one of you. It's been such a journey these last four years, a complete rollercoaster especially with all those assignments and projects. Some of which, I can sheepishly admit I forgot to turn in on time. But in fairness, I do have a life. Anyways, I'll miss you all-"

Keisha groans and falls back on Val's bed with her hands covering her face. "Valentina, shut up already. You've rehearsed this speech a million times. Its high school graduation, not a send off to Mars."

We were in Valentina's huge bedroom as she had invited us to get ready for graduation at her mansion. She was currently prepping a speech in front of her mirror, a speech she was making up on the spot as she had procrastinated writing it till the very last minute.

Val turns to us on her bed from her vanity, hands on hips. "Instead of whining and complaining, try cheering me on and calming my nerves. Just a friendly tip."

"Are you really going to miss everyone?" I ask skeptically, raising an eyebrow. From the weeks I've known Valentina, it didn't really strike me that she was going to so much as let her eyes water on graduation day based on her dislike of most of our grade.

Val scoffs. "Of course not. In fact, I'm so ready to be rid of those people. I just need to set a good example as valedictorian. In other words, I have to pretend that I'm sorry to say goodbye to the fake bitches, the small dick energy giving boys, and to some of the teachers who love stereotyping me as just a party girl."

I walk over to her and put my arm around her shoulders. "Well you've definitely proved them wrong haven't you, you gorgeous nerd" I say, squeezing her shoulder.

Keisha stands and joins us where we're standing, wrapping an arm around Val's waist. "She's right y'know. Our best friend, a prized smartass." Val rolls her eyes but puts her arms around both of us.

"Not exactly the encouraging words I was looking for, but I'll take it." We laugh and walk out of her bedroom, heading downstairs.

Before we can leave the house, a exasperated voice calls out from behind us. "Valentina por el amor De Dios. Espera. You and your friends are not walking out that door until I get a few pictures."

We turn back around to see Valentina's mother walking down the grand staircase towards us. She was a beautiful woman, and I could easily see the resemblance to her daughter through her eyes and long dark brown hair. The suit jacket and mid-length skirt she was wearing were clearly designer and her gold Rolex watch glinted.

Val groaned. "Fine, but remember Mamá, you promised. No more than a few." Her mother waved her hand, brushing away her words.

"Yes, yes I know."

It's almost 10 minutes later before Mrs. Ramirez finally stops taking pictures. Keisha and I massage our cheeks, having exhausted them from smiling for so long while Val begs her mother to let us go.

"Please Mamá, no more. And we're  gonna be late. What's the point of me being made Valedictorian if I won't even be there on time to make my speech?". Mrs. Ramirez rolls her eyes.

"De acuerdo La Reina de drama. I'll see you girls there."  After bidding our byes to a satisfied Mrs. Ramirez, we're finally free to go. We head towards Val's car, laughing at the disgruntled look on her face as we get in.

"I should have known 'a few'  in Mamá's dictionary means a couple hundred or more" she grumbles.

I reach over to her from the passenger seat and pinch her cheek. "You can't blame her Val. Her baby is going to graduate high school today. As valedictorian!" I say teasingly in a baby voice. Val swats my hand away as Keisha laughs.