Rome part 2

I stare at Caleb who's leaning on my bedroom wall opposite me in pure shock, blinking slowly.

"Say that again?"

He rolls his eyes, impatient but amused. "I. Broke. Up. With. Tracy." he repeats for the third time, stretching out the words slowly, as if speaking to an elderly person with poor hearing.

I continue to stare at him, eyes wide. I look down, and raise my hands to touch my ears. "Maybe I really do need hearing aids" I mutter , mostly to myself. I look at Caleb again. "I can't believe this."

He uncrosses his folded arms and pushes off the wall, heading straight towards me. I stand perfectly still as he reaches a hand out to touch my waist. He uses that hand to push me slightly until I'm completely against the wall, having only been inches from it anyway. Caleb uses his thumb to trace a lazy pattern on my side, looking straight into my eyes. he dips his head down, his lips just about grazing mine.

"I've always wanted to do this to you" he breathes against my lips. he pauses. "Along with other things."

I swallow thickly, the butterflies in my stomach almost painful. "Like what?"

Caleb steps even closer to me, just centimetres away from letting his lips fully press against my own. He presses me harder against the wall, pinning me in place. "Like this, for example" he murmurs.

Caleb slowly moves his head from side to side, smirking, teasing me with what he knows damn well I want. I part my lips a little.

"May I kiss you, Lily Carter?" He finally asks.

My breath gets caught in my throat. I can't speak. So I just nod.

"Words, baby. I need to be sure."

"Yes." I internally roll my eyes at myself. It's embarrassing how desperate that one word sounded.

Caleb's lips are finally about to press against mine when suddenly, the door bursts open and in comes Damien playing a trumpet. he stops playing and doesn't even look fazed at the sight of Caleb and I.

"Wake up, Lily- lolly-lollipop!"

My eyes slowly open, blinking to try and make sense of my surroundings. My vision is blurred and bleary and I'm barely conscious. I groan and hide my face with my hand when Damien tugs the curtains wide open, the sun nearly blinding me.

"Better than Keisha" he remarks. Walking over to where I am and jumping on my bed. Landing next to me, he props himself up on his shoulder and rests his head on his palm. "She hissed at me when I pulled the curtains open on her."

"As she should" I grumble, lifting my comforter and hiding underneath it.

Damien pokes my arm. "What's wrong, honey? Did you have a bad dream?" He asks.

I slowly lift the comforter back down, revealing my face again. I sigh deeply. "No....the opposite actually. I was having one of the most amazing dream I've ever had. Caleb broke up with Tracy, and he was just about to kiss me-" I clap my hand over my mouth, eyes wide, my now awake brain catching on to what my mouth was recklessly saying.

Damien snickers. "I fucking knew you had a crush on Caleb."

"Please don't tell him" I say mortified, my hand still on my mouth. He chuckles.