Woah, plot twist

TW: panic attacks and SA

"Just one, Carrots, please? I want more."

"Yeah and-" I smack Caleb's hand away when he tries to steal one of my cannoli. "I want you to keep both hands on the steering wheel and keep your eyes on the damn road!" 

"You're so selfish" he complains like a toddler. I smile and take a huge bite of my cannoli just to rub it in his face.

"It's not my fault you stupidly ate all your cannoli on the plane ride back." I take another bite, and my eyes look up to him, to see he's staring at my mouth. I push his head to face the road. "Hey! I said keep your eyes on the road, idiot. I deserve my last few months of life at least."

Caleb ignores me. Rude ass.

"How are your parents since we came back from Italy?" He changes the subject. I roll my eyes, slumping back in the leather passenger seat.

"Oh you know, Mom's growing more stressed, Dad is trying to act like he doesn't still care about her and pretends everything is still the same, and both of them refuse acknowledge each other."

Caleb stops at a red light, and looks at me with something I can't decipher. "The usual?"

"Yeah, the usual." I didn't even mean for that last sentence to sound as pathetically sad as it did.

I'm taken aback when Caleb's arm suddenly reaches over to his radio, his close proximity heating the car by a few more degrees. I don't realize I'm holding my breath until he's sitting back in his seat.

"You know what can instantly make you feel better?"

"normal white blood cells?"

"1989" he says simply, ignoring my joke again.

Midnight.
You come and pick me up,
no headlights.

Long drive,
Could end in burning flames or paradise.
Fade into view,
It's been a while since I have even heard from you.

I should just tell you to leave cause I,
Know exactly where it leads,
But I,
Watch us go 'round and 'round each time.

"You got that jeans Dean Daydream, look in your eye" Caleb sings.

"And I got that red lip, classic thing that you like" I sing next.

Caleb sings, "And then we go crashing down we come back every-time."

I sing, "Cause we never go out of style,"

Caleb continues, "We never go out of style,"

I sing next, "You got that long hair, slicked back, white T-Shirt"

Caleb sings, "And I got that good girl faith in a tight little skirt"

We both sing at the same time, "And then we go crashing down, we come back every time, cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style"

We're sitting in Caleb's car, just the two of us, blasting Taylor Swift's album '1989' on a warm summer day. His and mine's windows rolled down half-way, letting the delicious breeze hit our skin, both of us screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs.

I mentally record this moment, and store it as another favorite memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This," I sigh, my voice dreamy as I looked around at my quiet paradise. "This is my version of Heaven on earth."