6

It had been two weeks since King Erix arrived and solidified my marriage to Prince Technoblade. Since then, I hadn't spoken to my sister. When we had meals together, Mother and Lavinia spoke about the next suitor meeting for my sister, or other political antics.

I eventually only started attending dinners, and spent breakfast and lunch with Akkar in my bedroom or the courtyard. We met the night that King Erix came and agreed to spend every moment we could together before I left. Neither of us were sure if we would ever see each other again.

So that is why he was here with me now, as I packed my bags for the trip to the Nether. I would be leaving soon, and packing alone would be much worse than spending what time I had with Akkar.

"I will miss you so much," Akkar said from his laid position from the bed. I looked at him, feeling the same pain I did every time he said that to me. As the days have counted down to this moment, he has said it more and more.

"Akkar," I said in the same whiny voice I typically used when he spoke such sad words. I sat on the bed next to him, causing him to sit up. He rested his head on my shoulder, which looked a little silly with how tall he was. I reached up and ran a hair through his black hair, ruffling it slightly. I could feel him smile gently against my shoulder.

We sat there for a few minutes, letting the silence help us get a hold of what was about to come. He was my best friend. One of the only people I have been close to other than my family. It hurt to leave him behind.

I was walking into this truly alone. I was leaving behind my family, my best friend, and all of the servants and guards I had come to know over my lifetime. It felt like I was starting today as someone new, and I wasn't ready for it.

"Have you talked to Lavinia?" Akkar said, picking his head back up to meet my eyes. Holding his gaze became hard when I knew he would scold me for being stubborn and not amending things with my sister before leaving for an unknown amount of time. "(Y/N), you shouldn't leave like this."

"It's not just me deciding to be this way. She hasn't come to talk to me either. If she wants to leave our relationship like this when I leave then so be it. I will make it just fine without her. She wanted to send me into this mess, I can do it alone," I looked at him with the pain obviously still in my voice.

"Even if you and Lavinia are fighting, you aren't alone," he said, grabbing my hand. I smiled sadly, not ready for the moments that awaited me when I finished packing. The escort would be arriving soon.

"Maybe not in spirit, but I will be very alone physically," I said as I stood up from the bed and Akkar's sadness trap. He was trying to make me feel sad enough to go fix it, and I refused to give in to her so easily.

He shrugged his shoulders and laid back down. I could see how sad he was in the way he closed his eyes and slouched his shoulders. Missing him was something that would happen, but it wasn't what was on the forefront of my mind this morning.

I had approximately 2 hours before I would be leaving the End for good. I would be meeting my lifetime partner, and I would be somewhere I never thought I would find myself. I felt fear more than any other emotion.

The time went by so quickly. The knock on the door by the servant that would walk me to meet my escort made my stomach do several turns. The nauseous feeling didn't subside, but I had to put on my strongest face.

"I'll bring her down, Lara. Thank you," Akkar said to the servant who opened the door. She nodded, taking the orders her superior gave her. I looked at him as he stood up from my bed, and felt my heart break even further. This was the last time I would ever see him.

"You don't have to. I don't want to upset you even-"

His arms wrapped around me tighter than he had ever hugged me. I melted into his embrace, enjoying the comfort that came with Akkar. I knew that it hurt him as badly as it hurt me to be in this moment. I tried to memorize the way it felt to be held by him one last time.

"You will be okay," I said, pulling my head back to look up at him. He had tears in the corners of his eyes. I hadn't seen Akkar cry once. It felt wrong to see him so close to his breaking point. "You will find someone you love. It will all-"

"Please just stop. I want to enjoy this last moment with you."

So we just hugged. It was nearly five minutes when he slowly released his grip on me. The escort would likely not want to wait long. He grabbed the backpack I had packed, knowing all of my gowns would just collect dust there. New gowns would likely be made daily.

The walk to the foyer of the palace felt long. It was nearly torturing to not know what I was walking into. I'm sure Lavinia and Mother would be there. At least that was something of a comfort.

"Princess (Y/N)," Akkar said as he walked through the door to announce my entrance. I walked in behind him and saw my mother, Lavinia, and what I assumed were the escort and two other guards.

This piglin looked nothing like King Erix. He had much more human-like qualities. He had large ears and long pink hair pulled into a bun atop his head. His tusks were much smaller than King Erix's but still poked out of his bottom lip. He looked rather young. I presume he wasn't Technoblade.

"Prince Ishton at your service," The piglin said as he bowed before me. He had a sly smile on his face as he pulled his head back up to meet my own gaze. "I will be escorting you to the fortress."