25

"(Y/N)?" I heard a familiar voice say as we tore through the palace looking for my sister and mother. "What are you doing here?"

"Akkar!" I said turning toward the voice. He looked completely stunned. I didn't even give him a chance to think or move before I wrapped him in the tightest hug he had likely ever received.

"Sort of in a hurry here," Techno said awkwardly behind us. I pulled away, feeling a little awkward about our public reunion. Akkar still looked somewhat shocked that not only I was here, but three piglin hybrids were alongside me.

"Where are my mother and sister? They're in danger," I said trying my best to relay the urgency of the matter. His face looked worried, but he nodded and gestured to follow. "You may also want to use all of the sparring practice from when we were kids."

"You have always been good at surprising me, (Y/N)," Akkar said with a laugh. We followed after him, and I knew exactly where we were going. I knew this path better than the back of my hand.

When we arrived at the courtyard, I was surprised to see that my mother and sister were sitting in a position I commonly did when I sat in the courtyard. They lay on the same blanket that I did when I came out here. There was something incredibly endearing about it.

Sadly, I didn't have a moment to appreciate the sentiment of seeing my family there. Seeing them together. Actually reuniting with the people I loved most. I ran to them, trying my best to not get wrapped in the emotions of it.

"Mother, Lavinia, we need to get you guys to a safe place," I said breaking up their conversation. Mother looked at me completely shocked but got up quickly. Lavinia looked so shocked she didn't even move.

"What's going on? Why are you here?" Mother said looking between all of us. I smiled gently, hoping she would just trust me and move.

"One of the suitors that came to meet Lavinia is angry she hasn't made a decision. One of King Erix's contacts told him that the suitor team is on their way now to lay siege on the palace. We need to move quickly, please," I said with every ounce of my strength.

They looked at each other, and this finally snapped Lavinia out of her confused trance and into action. She grabbed Mother's arm and they followed Akkar to the safe room. With them safe, it was time to prepare. I ached to talk to my family, but we had to handle the threat before us.

"Techno and I will go gather the army, Ishton and Alethea can go gather any servant staff willing to fight. Meet in the front of the palace in no more than 10 minutes," I said turning to face my friends behind me. Ishton and Alethea nodded before going to meet with the guard outside the courtyard. When I looked at Techno, he was still very alert, but he had a softness in his eyes that I didn't see often.

"You're going to make an excellent queen," he said with a genuine smile on his face. My cheeks flushed at his words, feeling so genuinely flattered by a compliment that kind. I almost forgot that we were about to go into a battle.

"Thank you," I said quietly before heading off to the section of the palace where the guards resided. We didn't have a large force to battle the noble family with, but it would be something.

We gathered our forces as quickly as we could before we ran to the front of the palace. I was already out of breath, but knew that I needed to preserve what little strength I had to hold my own in this battle. I tried my best to calm down as I met my friends once again.

There was so much I wanted to say to them all before the battle began, but I heard the marching of boots on the End stone and knew they were close. The enemies wouldn't give me enough time for me to tell my friends how much they meant to me. I hugged Alethea, thankful for the short conversation we had before we left the Nether.