17

I had lost any sense of time with the bubbling champagne in my stomach and Technoblade's smile looking down at me. We had been dancing since the time the Nether Waltz music began. Being this close to him had made me so nervous a few days ago, but now it just made me comfortable. Made me calm.

Many party-goers had retired for the night, even Ishton had found his way to his room early in the night. There were a couple of drunk couples dancing on the floor with us, and just a couple of ongoing conversations, but the party was near ending, and it ached my heart to go back to my room so soon.

"Are you tired? I can walk you back to your rooms," Techno offered, leaning closer to keep his voice hushed. I was far from drunk, but the booze in my system made me giggle at the feeling of his voice on my neck.

"I don't want tonight to end yet," I said looking back at him. His smile was so warm. His lips were pulled into such an inviting place. "I have an idea!"

He looked at me skeptically, but I could see his smile playing in his eyes. One that I wanted to photograph and never look away from again. If I could capture him in this moment, I would do everything in my power to do so.

"You having ideas makes me nervous," Techno said with a laugh. We reached the point in the song where he dipped me, and it released so many giggles I was nearly embarrassed. I would be if he wasn't looking at me the way he was right now.

"Can we go to the Warped Forest? That would make this night absolutely perfect," I said trying my best to use the puppy dog eyes that seemed to work on Alethea when I asked for things. Luckily, I think they were working on Techno as well.

"Well if it will make you smile like that, then we might have to break a few rules," he said swiftly before pulling me off of the dance floor. I tried my best to ignore his comment because the color coming to my cheeks had to be horribly obvious.

He pulled me through the castle halls, pausing only when we heard the footsteps of guards. Soon the music faded to nothing but our laughter playing off the walls of the fortress. I felt like a girl breaking the rules, and it was making me quite giggly. Although, I had been all night.

We found the same servant's passage we had used the previous time we escaped the fortress. I wasn't nearly as nervous this time, all I felt was excitement and warmth. The cool air of the Warped forest made this pathway cooler than the rest of the castle, and it only further excited me.

"This will never stop taking my breath away," I said looking up at the blue trees as we exited the small passage. His fingers were laced in mine, and I suddenly wished to hear the music from the ballroom again. I would love to dance here with him.

"Come, there's a place I'd like to sit," he said as he tugged at my hand. I smiled deeply at him, following the tall prince in front of me. We tore through another part of the forest we hadn't been to before.

When he stopped, I couldn't believe my eyes. This part of the forest had a clearing with tall, soft moss lining the ground. The trees had created a canopy of leaves and shroomlights overhead, and you nearly couldn't see the Nether ceiling. He let go of my hand as he trailed into the clearing, dropping his cloak and laying down.

He looked magnificent in the light of the Warped forest. His hair was slick with sweat, and not nearly as put together as it had been when we arrived at the ball. His face was glowing, maybe from the smile playing on his lips or the comfort of being here with me. Either way, it took a lot for me to tear my eyes from him.

I slipped my shoes off, enjoying the feeling of the cool moss between my toes. My feet hurt from my dress shoes and feeling this comfort was intoxicating. My dress trailed behind me, now just barely draping the ground as I laid next to Techno. We were close enough that I could still feel the warmth radiating off of his beautiful stature, but still far enough away that I couldn't feel him, or the sparks that occurred every time I touched him.

"What do you think?" Techno said turning his head to look at me. He had such a curious look in his eyes, and it lit my body on fire. I wanted to pull our eye contact apart, but I couldn't bear it.

"This is beautiful," was all I could manage to say as his eyes bore into me the way that they were. His smile was making my nerves tingle, and I was becoming intoxicated by the sensation.

"It really is," he said almost dreamily. He pulled his eyes away and seemed to shake his head slightly, almost as if shaking off the trance. I looked up at the leaves, trying to push the tingly feeling he had caused out of my system.

"Thank you, Techno. Not just for bringing me here, but for everything you've done for me tonight. I could not have made it through this all without you," I said with a huge grin. I felt bold, and it was definitely the alcohol in my system.

"I'm glad I could help. You actually seemed pretty comfortable. I hope you felt that way," he said turning his head toward me again. His hair fluffed off in all different directions, and I found it endearing to see him in such a relaxed state. Leading up to tonight, there had been so much pressure, and it felt nice to be here with him now that it was over.

"There were better and worse parts," I said with a laugh as I returned my gaze to the canopy of leaves above my head. "The conversations were stressful, my favorite part was dancing with you though."

I heard his breath hitch slightly before he let out a small laugh. Maybe it was the liquid courage going through my body but I loved making him react with my words. I loved when he blushed after I complimented him and all I wanted to do was continue to do it all night.

"You actually impressed me. You conversated with everyone with ease. I know you grew up in politics, but you blew me away. And you weren't half bad at the dancing, but sorry you were not nearly as good as me," he said with his smug smile. I could hear it in his voice.

"Well, you have had your entire life to practice! I learned it in less than a week! I think I deserve a little credit for that," I said trying my best to sound outraged without setting myself into a giggling fit.

He teased me a bit more before we fell into some comfortable conversation. He told me some childhood stories about him and Ishton, I told him about my family and things in the End. It was an incredible night, and I wish I wasn't growing more and more tired with each story of the Nether's history.

His voice lulled me to sleep almost immediately, the plush of the grass beneath me and the warmth radiating from him was a perfect equation to steal my consciousness away. I fought everything in my body putting me to sleep, but it was impossible.

The last thing I felt was my body being picked up by a strong, warm piglin prince.