28

There was an ache in my back from sleeping sitting up. One that I wouldn't give up in exchange for last night. I was exhausted from the battle, and when Techno and I fell asleep in my room, we were out for hours. It was oddly one of the best nights of sleep I had gotten in a long time, even sitting up. I'm unsure if that's because I was back in my old room, the room was cool, or if it's because there was a warm Piglin leaning his head against my own.

Either way, when I woke up, my body ached from the battle and from the sleep. I wanted to curl further into him. He was breathing so deeply. This was the second time I had fallen asleep next to him, but this time felt so much more intimate.

It wasn't long before he stirred, and he sunk slightly into the bed, wrapping his arm around my waist. I felt my breath hitch slightly. I wasn't sure if I should enjoy this to the extent that I was, or wake him up because he surely didn't mean to hold me so close to him.

"Princess!" I heard a voice call from the other side of the door. Techno jumped beside me, waking slightly. He seemed to notice his arm because he recoiled it as he woke, his cheeks a shade of pink I found so very precious.

"Come in!" I said after I rose from the bed. I knew the palace staff was likely already gossiping about Techno sleeping in my room. What did it even matter at this point?

A servant I didn't recognize walked through the door with a tray of food in her hands. There was a pang in my heart at the fact that there was already staff I didn't know in a palace I once called my home. She set the food down on the small table in my room and gave a nod of her head.

"I was told by your friend, Alethea I believe was her name, to tell you that Ishton will be ready to travel back to the Nether by this evening," she said before bowing and taking her leave. I sighed, walking to the food on the tray and giggling like a little girl.

"Techno! You have to try these!" I said turning around with a plate in my hand and excitement on my face. He looked at me confused, but without a doubt intrigued. Akkar might be one of my favorite people to ever exist for this.

"What am I trying fresh out of sleep, Your Highness?" Techno asked as he still lay on my bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He looked so handsome in the morning. His hair stuck out in every direction, and his features held a calm and honest look. I could get used to this.

That is if we shared a room in the Nether palace. It wasn't exactly customary for those in an arranged marriage to share a room. It was only a tradition for a royal couple to share a room if they are in love. I tried to push the ache away that resided in my heart at the idea that this may be the last time I get to see him this way.

"They are my favorite food in the entire world. Chorus fruit pastries!" I said bringing them to him with excitement. He laughed his deep laugh, that was further melted me with his morning voice.

"Pastries? In the morning? That hardly seems like a good breakfast, Princess," he teased as he took one of the pastries from the plate.

"The chef knows they're my favorite. It never matters the time of the day," I said shooting him a joking glare as I took one of the pastries from the plate and took a large bite. He chuckled and took a bite of his own.

"Is the chef that Akkar?" he said eyeing me curiously from the bed.

"Yes," I said looking at him with the same curious gaze he gave me. He rolled his eyes, actually rolled his eyes, and fell back onto his back. "Is someone jealous, your Highness?"

"Well you are my betrothed," he said taking another bite of his pastry. "These are rather delicious though."

I felt my cheeks flush deeply at his admission of jealousy. The Nether prince was really jealous of Akkar. He knew nothing of our history together, but that didn't mean he couldn't see that we were close last night when he came to check on me. It was likely best to not dive deeper into that conversation.