Prologue

"Here's some notes from today's lesson, Amy." Jade said as she drop my notebook on my desk. I smile in gratitude. "Thanks dude, I really appreciate it from you."

She patted my head and smile gently. "Hey, that's what best friends are for. How you feeling?"

"Slowly getting better. I'll probably be able to go to school in a day or two."

"Just don't push yourself, alright? If you want to go home early when you're in school, you totally can. I'll handle the explanations to everyone else."

I hold my best friend's hand. "I'll keep that in mind. Now enough about me, any new lately?"

Just from saying that, she rolled her eyes. "There's this new girl that came in. And I already don't like her."

I let out a small laugh. "You say that to everyone. Well except me, you like me because I'm the best!"

She playfully slap my arm. "We've known each other since forever, of course I like you. But I have a reason why I don't like her."

"Well, it can't be that bad-"

"Dude, she was rubbing your boyfriend-"

"WHAT?!"

"I know! I came in and saw that and immediately put myself into action before that girl tried to do anything else. And I swear to you, she was googly eyes on Beck."

I lean myself backwards, slowly sinking myself down. "This shouldn't be surprising, Beck is literally perfect. Of course girls would go after him, what's new to that?"

Jade glare slightly at me. "Beck picks you out of all those girls for a reason, Amy. Don't put yourself down." She then let out a smirk. "Besides, I got revenge on that girl."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Oh no, Jade-" Knowing how protective Jade is to me as well as to Beck, she would go beyond for us.

In all honesty, middle school was tough for me before I met Jade. I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for her. She's amazing friend and always will be my best friend.

"It's not to bad, but hopefully she doesn't continue going to school here."

I sighed before shaking my head. "What would I do without you?"

🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍

"Amelia, you're back!" Lane said, smiling as I came through his office the next day.

"Yeah, I know classes have already began and I came in late. But I'm feeling better from sickness. I'm just here to drop off my missing works and the doctor's note."

"Ah, not a problem. If you like, you have the option to come back tomorrow instead?"

I shook my head no. "It has been a week, I think I wanna go back to class, is that okay?"

"Of course, I'm pretty sure mister Sikowitz wouldn't mind you coming in late today."

I thank Lane with a smile and a wave before walking to my class.

The classroom doors are up ahead. I took a deep breath before turning the doorknob open.

My eyes widened in surprise at what I'm hearing.

"No one talks to me like that."

I peak my head out to see what's going on. I put my fingers over my lips when I see Andre looking at him, indicating to be quiet.

"Obviously someone should." I noticed a girl up on stage with Jade, looking like they're in a heated conversation. I noticed Beck down on the ground. I smiled to myself. He hasn't noticed me yet.