Chapter Nine: Uncharted Territory

Eflin's POV:

When I began to stir I felt warm, unusually warm. I allowed my body to melt backward into his embrace, relishing in it. I was going to enjoy this dream for as long as I could.

As the venom coursed through my veins I felt it drawing me in. I could feel the two other beasts I knew of gathering energy, drawing strength. I took a deep breath.

They weren't here, they wouldn't be for awhile. But that doesn't mean I had the luxury to lay around. I needed to get stronger, I couldn't risk being injured like this every time I fought. I took a deep breath.

"How did you sleep?" his gruff voice spoke in my ear, almost a whisper.

"Better than I have in a long time," I spoke honestly.

"Me too," he smiled gently, nuzzling closer to me. His hot breath reached my neck and sent goosebumps down my arms. "Marry me, Ef."

"Will you stop?!" I laughed. Some of the tension leaving my body. Pain wracked through my body, but it was a familiar ache. "You need to find someone worthy of your people."

"On the contrary, I've found the perfect woman. My people simply are unworthy of her," he spoke, peppering soft kisses along my neck.

"Thorin," I mewled softly. He froze a little, but quickly recovered.

"I'm not going to push you Ef, or force you into something you don't want. But if this is all I can have with you I'll cherish it and you as much as I can," he spoke. "I was so worried about you. It's strange because in my head I barely know you. My heart tells a different story. It yearns to know you, to learn more about you, to fight to stay by your side. All I'm asking for is a chance."

His words filled me with warmth. Part of me understood his feelings. Part of me yearned for more mornings like this, wrapped up in eachother. That same part of me yearned to know more about him. "I'll make a deal with you," I smiled.

"Anything, as long as it gives me a chance," he smiled hopefully.

"If I survive these next two beast fights, I'll return to the castle with you and marry you. You can't interfere though, you can't risk getting killed by them. I'll use my barriers to keep them locked in," I spoke softly.

"Do you really mean that? Will you really give me a fighting chance?" he asked me. He rolled me onto my back and peered into my eyes.

"If you ever repeat this, you'll find yourself on the wrong end of my sword," I growled. He nodded and I softened. I raised my hand painfully to his cheek. "I can't explain it, but you make me feel warm and cared for. I look into your eyes and feel this need to give you everything, though I know I'll only be hurt. It's like I can feel this dark presence looming over us, but at the same time, I feel like this is right. Waking up in your arms this morning was the first time I ever felt like I belonged. I don't want to lose that, or you."

"Do you really mean that?" he whispered, his eyes glistening with tears unshed. I nodded, leaning up and kissing him.

The kiss turned heavy, each of us trying to devour the other as his arm snaked protectively around my back. His arms snaked down my sides as he hovered over me, bracing himself on his forearms beneath me. He gripped my side with one hand, pulling me closer against him. I cried out in pain against his lips. He loosened his hold on me, but pressed his forehead to mine.

"I'm sorry, Love. I guess I got a bit carried away," he spoke sheepishly. "Do you need anything? Can I get you something for the pain?"

"Say it again," I spoke, loving the way the pet name sounded tumbling from his lips.

"I'm sorry," he spoke sadly.

A laugh tumbled from my lips. "Not that, the other thing," I smiled, massaging his head with my fingers woven into his hair.

"Do you need something for the pain?"

I laughed again. "Not that either."

A look of realization flashed across his face. He pressed his lips hungrily against mine. "Love, you certainly are an enigma. I can't wait to learn all about you," he said in that same gruff voice that pulled at my gut. He pressed needy kissed to my neck and throat, punctuating each sentence. "I want to see you unfold in my arms. I want to break down those rough walls you keep around your heart just enough to find my place within it. I want to see you in the ring, dancing around your opponent like it's your domain. I want to see you cry out as I sink deep inside you, claiming you as my own. And mostly, my love, I want to see you bursting with our children, knowing that you and our little ones are mine to love and protect."

I moaned out in suprise at the combinations of his declarations and his posessive kisses. "I want you to know that I'd never hurt you."

"I know," I sighed against his lips, pulling him closer. For a moment, I imagined what that would be like. I imagined how it would be to be his, to feel him inside me, to feel our children growing in me. Then I realized I didn't have to imagine it. He was mine, all I had to do was accept him. "I want all of that and more with you."

"Good, because I don't think I could leave you now if I tried. You're like a drug, especially tailored to me. I feel addicted, like I need you to breathe. I think it would actually kill me to be away from you," he growled.

"You're just being a little dramatic," I laughed.

"I'm really not," he smiled.