Chapter 2

Another day, Ah and Dolores's mother must be in an excellent mood. The weather was absolutely perfect, not too hot, not too cold. The perfect breeze from time to time while the sun shined bright. Today I decided to sit outside my shop and sell some plants for half the price since it was such a wonderful martes.
"Hola señorita! Want another set of Restrepia Falkenbergiis like last week? They're half off today!" I waved over to one of my frequent customers, Señorita Luciana. She happily walked over to my table of plants and picked up some of her favorites.

She handed me some pesos and went on her happy way thanking me while waving goodbye.
I duck underneath my table, putting the pesos in the box underneath my table.

"(Y/n) I'm here like I promised" a familiar voice whispered. I accidentally bang my head as I tried to lift my head quickly from excitement.
"Ow- ah hi Dolores, I missed you yesterday!!" I rub the back of my head painfully.

"Sorry about that" she then pulled me into an embrace while laughing lightly.
Dolores always have the best hugs, so warm and comforting.

"I don't have any major chores today, so I'll be able to hang out with you for at least half of your workday today, perfect for me telling you all the juicy stuff I heard yesterday chica" she said which a smirk. I grabbed a chair from inside and pushed it next to mine for her to sit with me.

"Sooooo what's been going on Dolores?" I rest my head in my hand while looking at her, ready to hear the spicy drama she was so excited to tell me about.

"Well first off you know Hernando right? Well, he apparently is madly in love with Luisa!"
"What???!! That's crazy isn't he, like way too young for her?"
"Yeah that's what I thought when I first heard him talk about her, oh also I heard about your encounter with Isabela yesterday" she mentioned the last part briefly with a smirk on her face.

I felt a little anxious knowing she heard me act like an idiot in front of her cousin. Looking back at the beginning of that encounter only made me embarrassed even more.

"It's rude to eavesdrop, Dolores" I mumble while covering my face. I heard her laugh at my embarrassed state "hey it's okay (Y/n) I don't think it went that horribly, you had Isabela in a happy mood when she came back to casita with that cacti" I felt her hand pat my back in a comforting manner.

Wait....the sudden realization hit, I put her in a good mood? Like me? (Y/n) had the Isabela madrigal in a good mood. I found it to be absolutely crazy that I had even done such a thing.

"That's......such an honor" I lift my head from my hands while Dolores looked at me with a questioning look.
"What do you mean that's such an honor?"
I felt a nervous laugh erupt from my mouth. My anxiety increases as I felt my hands sweat a little.

"Well I mean, to have someone who I look up to in a way....be happy because of something I did feels like an honor"
Dolores nodded her head in understanding, good that made sense to her. Hopefully, she doesn't get the wrong idea.
After another 30 minutes of me and Dolores talking about random drama she had heard yesterday, she eventually had to go.
I had a line of 5 more people wanting to pick up some plants, which is already better than how yesterday was going for business.

"Gracias señorita (y/n)" a young girl said while walking with her hands full of potted plants
Another successful day, the sun was starting to set. I felt myself getting excited because Isabela was most likely going to come visit soon. I stack the two chairs I brought outside and start carrying them inside.
Not going to lie I was struggling a little finding a way to get through the door until I saw some familiar vines curl around the two chairs helping me bring them inside.
I look behind myself to see Isabela wearing a smile.

"Hola señorita (Y/n), you looked like you needed some help" I nodded and gave her a smile back.
"Thank you isa', also you can just call me (Y/n) I don't mind" I hold open the door for her to walk inside, she gave me a quiet thank you and then closed the door behind herself.

"Did you want to look around for something else to get?" I asked while pushing the chairs back into their original place in my shop. Furthermore, I dusted off my skirt and went behind the counter, ready to take care of business with her.
"Sì! I really liked the cacti I picked out yesterday it's adorable" she said enthusiastically, seeing how excited she was about one of my plants made me feel a little light on my feet.

"I'm glad you liked my plant, it means a lot coming from someone like you" She turned her head with a confused look in her eyes. "What do you mean by someone like me?" I felt a lump get stuck in my throat, did I say something wrong? I didn't mean anything offensive by it...maybe I'm overthinking. Just be honest (Y/n), you got this!

"Ah well, you know haha you have your gift and all. Plus my plants aren't as stunningly perfect as your flowers you decorate the town with, they're just as perfect as you" I look away from her face feeling my anxiety creep up on me, I swallowed the lump in my throat and noticed her eyes looked a bit sorrowful.
Shoot I think I messed up big time.

"Perfect....your plants look beautiful in their own way they're not perfect you're right, but they're unique. I think that's what I love about them the most" she said softly to me as she walked towards the counter with another tiny cacti.

Woah, I was not expecting her to say something like that...wait did she just say she loved my plants. Realizing this thought, I felt my face warm up slightly while looking at the madrigal in front of me.

"I appreciate that a lot Isa' and honestly, I believe that could be applied to people too! You don't have to be perfect to be beautiful" I noticed her eyes light up for a second when looking at me straight in the eyes after saying such a thing.

"I wish it was that easy" I barely heard what she whispered to herself. I didn't get what she totally said, but I rung up the cost of the tiny cacti.

"I'll pay for half of it, another thanks for stopping by and having a nice chat with me" you smile warmly at her as you hand her the potted plant back in her arms carefully to not poke her.

"Hey we should totally talk some more tomorrow, the shop is closed on miercoles. I enjoy talking to you" I said while I looked her in the eyes. I noticed she was just starting at me almost in a spaced out kind of way.

"Isa'?" After I called her name she shook her head and apologized.
"Thank you, I think that would be wonderful" I noticed a few flowers pop up in her hair. It only added to her beautiful appearance. This is the perfect opportunity to get to know her better and become good friends.

"Oh also has Dolores told you about her younger brother's gift ceremony that's going to take place next week?" Actually, Dolores told me this a few weeks ago, but I completely forgot.

"Yeah she has, I intend to go if you wondered" I wink at her in a joking manner.
"A-Ah that's wonderful, I'll be looking forward to seeing you there. You should show me your dancing skills too" I've never been one to dance often, but my tìa did teach me a thing or two.

"Great! Aye isa' it's getting really late, isn't your family going to wonder where you are?"
She looked outside to see that it was pitch black. I don't know how I feel about letting her walk alone at this time of night even if she does have some magic gift.

"You should get going, I'll walk with you to make sure you get back to casita safely" I walk around the counter and hook my arm with hers as we make our way to casita.

"You really don't have to go out of your way to do this" she said not daring to look at me in my eyes as I led her back to her home.
She's so warm right now, it didn't even cross my mind how close we were to each other. I was just focused on getting her home safely.

What a nice day today.