Chapter 16

Isabela leads me into her room and offers a seat on her bed that she lowered down from her roof with vines. While walking on the flower path, following close behind Isabela, I felt my hands fidget with my nails out of pure anxiety.

"I got this, I got this." I repeatedly whispered to myself, trying to build up my confidence, Isa gave me a small smile, most likely noticing. Eventually, we made it to her bed and we both sat down in unison. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what could possibly come.

"So... What are you gonna talk to me about?" she said quietly, moving closer to me, our hands grazing over each other. She was quite close to me, letting me really see all of her perfect beauty fully, the distance between us closed slowly, this was all mesmerizing, almost making me forget why I was there in the first place. I soon noticed that her hand was resting on my outer thigh, making me flush and losing my train of thought.

Focus (Y/n).

"Ahem, uhm....well, it's about your marriage..." I coughed out slightly, shifting away from Isabela's touch, trying to stay focused. Her soft features slowly faded into a nervous and worried expression.

"Oh....what about it? Other than it being entirely ruined" she added the last part under her breath, making me look back to what happened earlier in the night.
'You got this (Y/n)' I mentally prepared myself.

" Well I've been meaning to ask how you felt about getting married to Mariano, it was all so sudden" I quietly say while looking at the ground beneath my feet intently. I wanted to see her facial expression to get a read on how she reacted to the question I've been holding in for so long, but I was too....afraid to.
I felt my nerves build up as I was left with nothing but silence.
"Sorry never-" I was quickly silenced by a finger that laid softly on my lips. Her finger felt so soft on my skin, I could feel my face warming up.
"I hate it" she immediately spoke up, she looked shocked herself as if she wasn't expecting to blurt it out. My face morphed into one of shock too, mimicking her expression.
She hated it? If she hated it, then why would she be that upset about the proposal not finishing?
"I never wanted this, I don't even love Mariano. It's what I have to do for the familia...." She continued, the pieces started to fall in place as I now understood everything. A sense of relief washed over me, my body relaxing as an effect. I let out a long sigh, finally getting the courage to look at her face once more.
"I'm so sorry you have to be forced into that, you deserve to marry someone you truly love. Not be forced into it" her face softened, I decided to be a little confident and place my hand on her cheek, rubbing the side of her face lightly with my thumb. She cupped her hand over mine and rubbed her cheek into my hand.
Her face was so warm, it felt comforting.
"Thank you (Y/n)...that means so much, especially coming from you" she said softly while looking into my eyes.
"What do you mean-" without a response to my question I felt myself get pushing into her bed causing me to flinch and close my eyes.
I look up to see Isabela on top of me only a few inches away from my face. I felt my entire body warm up, was this really happening right now? It feels like such a fever dream.

My body felt light in such a compromising position with the beautiful girl on top of me. I was snapped out of my daze at the sensation of something warm landing on my cheek, slowly dripping down near my neck.

"I-I'm so sorry..... I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't want there to be anything wrong with me..... I just can't do this anymore..." Isa said her stature crumbling, making her lay on top of me. The grip around my wrists weakened as she laid there sobbing into my neck.

I had no words to say, my body was in shock, feeling a tingling sensation around my neck as her breathing was sharp and inconsistent. My body moved on its own, wrapping my arms around her body. I slowly combed through her hair to give her some form of comfort.
'Out of everything that could have possibly happened, I definitely wasn't expecting this'.

Sometime passed, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting sleepy. As my eyes were about to close, I felt Isabela press against my chest to push herself up. Her eyes were slightly puffy, but she managed to stop crying. Despite her being in such a vulnerable state, she was still so beautiful. I could feel my entire body radiating warmth due to the position she was in on top of me. Basically straddling my waist, she didn't say a word and scanned my entire being.
"Hey Isa.....you mind if I stayed the night?" I quietly whispered, looking away. She nodded in response to my question eagerly with a gentle smile.
Tonight sure was something, but I can't help but feel a slight boost in confidence for my love. There's a bit of guilt in that thought alone though.
Honestly, I was spacing out a bit thinking over the events of tonight, I didn't even notice that Isa laid back down on top of me. Leaving my arms free to move from their original position, my hands slithered around her waist instinctively.
She lifted her head suddenly looking back at me with unsure eyes.
Oh no was that a bad idea?
Suddenly, she leaned a little forward and kissed my cheek, quickly going back into the position she was in originally, not daring to look at me.
Wait.

WHAT.

Did that actually just happen, or was that my drowsiness. Confusing and flustered feelings make my body warm up. If she were to see my face right now, she would probably think I looked like I just saw a ghost. I could interpret the kiss as something romantic, but the off chance I was wrong scared me.
She wasn't saying anything else, and it wasn't on the lips, so it's not 100%. My grip on her waist secured more subconsciously, today, oh today, was sure something unexplainable. For good or worse, part of me is glad I came to dinner. The relief of my question was worth it, my anxiety couldn't take any more of it.
Should I be bold?
Logically, the worst thing that could happen would be her calling me a creep and never talking to me again, which, yes, sounds like a nightmare, is very unlikely. Or is it?

Best scenario we-.....
Okay, maybe that's a bit too much, come on (Y/n) get your head out the gutter. Ugh, might as well, right?

Come on (Y/n) do it!!

Do it!!!

"Isa'?" I said quietly, trying to grab her attention. For a second, she didn't move until I tapped her forehead. Moving my head slightly to get a view of her pretty face, I noticed she was sleeping soundly with her mouth slightly open.

Welp there goes that, potentially another time. I move my hand to kiss my pointer and middle finger, placing them on her head, sorta like a nonverbal promise to myself.
Hopefully I'm not too afraid next time I get the chance to do such a thing.

I laid there looking up at the flower covered roof in this gorgeous room. Feeling myself dozing off.

I thought today would have ended in heart break for me.

Guess I was wrong.