Chapter 11

The people of Encanto started to flow in steadily around 20 minutes later. Most of the madrigals with more showy gifts were put to entertain the guest before the ceremony. Camilo was told to stand in front and greet everyone, shapeshifting into the village people to make them smile. Luisa was carrying food around for the people, while also carrying....children on her back?

Isabela was dancing for the people while giving them flower crowns, bouquets, and beards. Her dancing was so smooth, she must have learned a lot from señora Pepa.
How would I compare to that?

Sure, whenever my tía would come to visit she would teach me, but she only came to visit once a year. I don't even dance or practice in my spare time. There's a slight feeling inside of me that I'm just going to embarrass myself in front of her.

Isa glanced over to me and flashed me a smile quickly while continuing to entertain the guest. She noticed that I was staring at her dancing, I turned away while holding my cheeks.
They were warm, how embarrassing....

When turning around, I noticed a rather handsome man looking at her entertain the guests. He looks very familiar, I swear I've seen that older lady next to him before. There's this faint memory inside my mind, I think she told me about her son and how he was looking for a wife, she also talked him up to me. Maybe she was attempting to set him up with me.

I think he has his eyes on Isabela now though, an off feeling settled in my stomach. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I should be happy that someone has an interest in Isa but...... I know deep down I wish he didn't.

"Uh (Y/n) you good?" Mirabel said, shaking me back to reality. I really need to stop getting lost in thought, this love stuff is weird.
My lips curled into an awkward smile as I laughed to myself.

"Yeah totally!" Mirabel looked towards where I was originally staring at and squinted her eyes at me.
"We're you looking at Mariano?" she asked curiously with a smirk on her face. My eyes widen in realization, that's Mariano?

Dolores's crush?

Now I really hope he isn't interested in Isa, that would be so painful for Dolores. If señora Alma finds out about his interest, their fates are sealed. No doubt in my mind, she would try to set them up to get them married.

I can't do anything about it though, but I can at least try to keep them away from each other throughout the night. Isa wanted to hang out with me anyways, so it shouldn't be that hard, right?

"No, I just so happen to be facing him. Promise!" The slight shake in my voice definitely made me more suspicious to the girl eyeing me up and down.

"Hmmm if you say so, but hey we should totally get some arepas before they're gone!" Mirabel said excitedly, she grabbed my wrist and dragged me to where the food was being served. I caught a glimpse of Isabel's face as Mirabel dragged me past her, she was looking at us with a smile.

Her smile was so beautiful, I felt myself become excited for later tonight.
Me and Mirabel stuffed our faces with lots of amazing food. At first, I was a little anxious about what everyone else would think, but Mirabel reassured me to let loose for tonight and be myself.

She's such a great friend, I felt myself become more comfortable with the atmosphere. I'm not too big on huge parties or anything of the sort, but after a while with the right people I can get into the flow of things. I had such a great time with Mirabel, but soon enough the lights started to fade meaning it was time for the ceremony to start.

Everyone gathered around the stairs leading to Antonio's unmarked door. I sifted through the crowd to see if I could find Isabela, but I didn't catch any glimpse of her being in the crowd in front of me. Until I felt my waist being grabbed, I let out a small gasp from the sudden contact with someone.

"Ah! Sorry for startling you" a beautiful voice apologized for, it was Isabela. She didn't even give me a chance to respond before she grabbed my hand, pulling me to the front of the crowd with the other Madrigals. It was an honor to stand with them in the ceremony, even though I wasn't a part of their family.

Isabela held my hand and waist anxiously, this ceremony was surely a make or break for the miracle in their eyes.
I look over to her and tried giving her a comforting smile as to communicate non-verbally that everything would go okay.
Her grip on my waist and hand softened as she smiled back, I didn't think twice about the fact that I was basically being held by her.

I think she needed someone to calm her down anyways. Many emotions this ceremony, especially since what happened with Mirabel. Soon enough, everyone started to applause for Antonio as the curtains reveal the tiny boy with a spotlight on him.

He definitely looked nervous, he didn't move a step forward even after casita tried helping him move. Isabela's grip tightened, suddenly Antonio turned to someone behind him away from the view of the crowd. While reaching out his hand, I could have sworn he said, "I need you" I could only read his lips from here.

Sure enough, a hand grabbed his hand and held it gently. It was Mirabel, I let out a verbal awe seeing how cute of a gesture that was from her. My eyes shifted to Isa's face, seeing her expression, it showed one of major concern.

"Psst hey, trust her everything is going to go alright" I whispered in her ear, her hand felt so warm in my grasp. Her eyes widened for a moment before her lips curled into a gentle smile.

Eventually, Antonio and Mirabel make their way to señora Alma. Mirabel goes to stand with his parents looking on nervously.

The familiar speech that's given every time there's a new ceremony was read out loud. Everyone listening carefully to the words leaving señora Alma's mouth for the 9th time. Soon after Antonio touches the candle concluding his abuela's speech. Slowly walking over to the unmarked door with his hands in front of him.

His hand slowly reaches for the door knob with his initial etched into it beautifully.

In that moment it felt like everyone was holding their breath in anticipation for what was to come. Suddenly, the unmarked door glowed causing a mystical gold light to fill the room with a quick flash, his door started to etch a detailed design slowly forming a beautiful picture of him with animals surrounding him. The finishing touch being completed with his name at the top, then I bird landed on his arm looking at the small boy.

"Uh-huh! I understand you! Of course, they can come!" The adorable madrigal called out, looking behind himself to the sky. The ground trembled slightly as multiple animals of all kinds ran through the crowd, running into his door that was now open.

"We have a new gift" señora Alma announced with her voice full of pride. As everyone clapped and cheered, fireworks went off into the night sky in celebration.

"Come on, lets go see his room!" I yelled in excitement, I didn't bother to wait for Isabela's response before dragging her through the crowd that was heading for Antonio's door. His gift suited him well, since he loved animals so much.

I can only imagine what his room will be l-

"Ay dios mio It's huge!!!!" my voice echoed in the large jungle like room. My mouth was wide open while looking around the beautiful scene, lush vegetation surrounded every corner of the massive room, beautiful butterflies fluttering all over the place.

Isa looked just as shocked as I did, her eyes sparkled with amazement as her mouth was open with awe.
She noticed my looking at her surprised face and smirked.

"You ready for tonight?" She asked, playfully bushing my hair that was on my face to the side.

"Definitely!" I responded with a bright smile on my face, showing her how excited I was.

Tonight is going to be a fun night.