Chapter 12

The beat of my heart was matching the rhythm of the music being played around us. I managed to keep up with Isabela's beautiful movements, her hips moving perfectly with the tempo. She had her hands on my hips as we danced together on the dance floor with many others.

She twirled me every so often, each time my heart skipping a beat out of pure joy. Our hands were intertwined almost the entire time, occasionally separating to twirl each other or wrap our arms around the other. People were cheering us on as we danced together, we've never done such a thing before, but it felt natural. Almost like our minds were connected in following what the other was about to do. It felt like we had practiced all our lives for this moment.

As the song comes to a close she twirls me around one last time, letting me lean back in a stylish manner.

Our breathing was quick and heavy as if we had just gotten done with a workout, I felt exhilarated as we stayed in that pose for a few seconds staring into each other's eyes. People around us clapped and cheered, except for the people who weren't aware as to what was going on. The one person who did watch our movements carefully and didn't bother to clap was señora Alma. I could see her glaring daggers at me while she was talking to Mariano.

Isabela then lifted my up with a beautiful laugh leaving her mouth. It felt like I was on top of the world right now with her, my arms wrap around her body tightly while also laughing from pure happiness.

"That was wonderful (Y/n), your tía taught you well!" We pull away from each other slightly to look each other in the eyes, our arms still wrapped around each other.

"Gracias Isa, señora Pepa also taught you well!" The world around us disappeared, if felt like we were the only two on earth. Not a word was said after my response, I started to notice the smaller details missed before while I was in that state of pure joy. Isa had a bunch of flowers in her hair, it complimented her beauty so well.

Were we moving closer to each other, or was this my imagination? Her lips were parted, that was the main thing that my attention was on. I subconsciously lick my lips lightly, her partially parted lips looked so tempting.

Are we going to-

"Isabela!" Señora Alma called, we both jump back, letting go of each other. Isabela brushed her hair back nervously as Alma looked at her with a stern face.
She side glanced me, my face was so warm out of embarrassment. One moment I felt like I was on top of the clouds, but then reality had to come set it causing me to crash to the ground.

"I would like you to meet this nice man, Mariano" she spoke in a fake tone of kindness, this was bad.

"Hola Isabela, my name is Mariano. I would love to get to know you better" Mariano said while holding out his hand to her.

This was bad, this was bad!

I can't do anything weird because Alma will keep Isabela away from me. I can't say that Dolores has an interest in Mariano because she wants to keep it a secret. But if I don't do anything, then both me and Dolores will be heartbroken.

Isa looked back at me with a small sad smile, then turned back to the two waiting for a response and gave an awkward smile. There was a noticeable difference in each smile, well, for me at least. I don't think Alma or Mariano caught onto it.

"Hola Mariano, sure let's go" with that Isabela gave me a small wave goodbye. All I could do was watch them disappear into the crowd, one small detail I noticed while Isabela was walking away was that she started plucking all the flowers from her hair.

Sadness soon started to set over me, I leave Antonio's room to get a fresh breath of air. Looking over to downstairs, I noticed a familiar figure, Mirabel?