Chapter 13

I gently open my eyes, having a faint memory of how I got to such a beautiful place. My nose was hit with the lovely smell of jacaranda as I grasp onto what position I was in.

Isabela had her arms wrapped around me, we were facing each other. Her face held a resting position that reminded me of a beauty akin to a painting. She was still fast asleep, having a slight snore when breathing out. We were so close together, her warmth was so comforting to me. I tried changing my position slightly only to be pulled in closer by her, our noses were touching.

I'm so close..... I could just...

No, that isn't right, I need to chill out.

My head retracted slightly to create some space between us.
I lift a hair that was hanging over her face lightly and tuck it behind her ear. Her lips curled into a slight warm smile after my action.
I think I woke her up?

"(Y/n)...." She said lightly, while groaning after.
"Isa?" I respond back a little confused, she snored a little after calling my name.

Was she talking in her sleep?

Why did she say my name though, there's no way that she's dreaming about me.
The girl holding on to me then nuzzled into my neck, a light blush appeared on my face from the sudden action.

This is something friends do, right? I mean me and Dolores cuddle sometimes but not like this.

"Mnh....amor" she spoke out, her voice was barely audible because she spoke into my neck, her tone sounded...seductive?
Was she referring to me in her dream or someone else?

It's likely she could have been referring to me, but there's also a chance it could be someone else.

It has to be, right?

She wouldn't refer to me as such a thing, I'm just her female friend.

Haha....yeah

I should just enjoy the moment, no point in worrying about such things right now.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, it echoed throughout the room, immediately grabbing my attention.
Thank god Isa's bed is up in the air right now, she didn't wake up from the sound.

"Uh Isa? It's 7:30! Do you have a hang over?" Called out a familiar voice, it was Mirabel.
I attempt to shake Isa lightly to wake her up, imagine what she would think seeing us like this.

"Psst Isa your sister is here to check up on you, I think it's time to wake up" I poke her stomach lightly as she flutters her eyes open.

"Huh...." she muttered while lifting her head from my neck. She noticed my worried look and started to dart her gaze around.

"Isa!!" Mirabel called out again, sounding a bit more impatient.
Isa lifted her head and peaked over the edge of her bed with an awkward smile.

"I'll be right out Mirabel, I'm fine!" She said, in a fake enthusiastic tone, the situation was a bit funny to me. I tried my best not to burst out laughing because of the predicament.

"If you say so, hurry up Abuela is almost done with getting ready! Get to the table, we're eating outside today!" Mirabel said on the way out of the front door.
Oh shoot, that reminds me, I have a shop to run. Honestly, I don't feel like working today, my head slightly hurts, but I had a break yesterday.