1. New playground

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color

Ayanokoji POV

It's a bit sudden but listen seriously to the question I'm about to ask and think about the answer carefully.

Question: Are people equal or not?

No, never mind that. I don't even know to whoever this monologue of mine is intended, besides, I've got a feeling that you already know my answer.

"What a boring question, you don't even have to think about it, the answer is no. Just like you said if humans are truly equal, why won't they shut up about the need for equality? Precisely because they are not, there's the Law that ensures that everyone is treated equally in this shitty society. Yes, this society shaped by the will of the majority, the talentless people who, even though they know they're insignificant, don't try to acknowledge their true superiors. They just leech off talented people as they desperately drag them down to their level, how unsightly," this was the answer a certain person gave me. Although I don't completely share his worldview, I agree that humans are unequal. Humans have different roles if they have different abilities.  People with disabilities are still disabled, no matter what they called them, at the end of the day, they're still disabled people.

Who's this person I'm referring to? He's someone I can proudly call my first and only friend, who gave me the nickname of "Kiyo", which I warmly accepted, (Y/n) (L/n). He's from the (L/n) Group, one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world, and from what he told me, he became the head of it after his parents passed away. How can I know someone so important? Well, he and I were both White Room students, the sole survivors of our generations. Unlike me who was born inside that institution, he came from the outside and joined the program when he was five. I didn't meet him as soon as he joined, as an outsider, he was put under another program to test his abilities to join the White Room. A year later, I met him at one of our usual practical tests, but this is a story for another time.

In terms of abilities, we're on par but if I may brag, I dare say I'm stronger than him in terms of physical strength. I was confident in my observation skill but his analytical ability is the real deal: he's able to collect and analyze information, come up with solutions, and make decisions in a matter of seconds even in grave situations; it was like a cheating skill that allows him to foresee the near future... now that I think about, in the past, I'd have never used this videogame terminology if he didn't introduce it to me.

Back then, he had long, messy (H/c) hair and I'm sure his eyes pupils' color was red, yet, when I met him again, he cut his hair shorter, which wasn't the issue, but his eyes were (E/c). When I pointed it out, he replied that his eyes were always of that color. I thought he was misleading me but I couldn't find any evidence of him lying. I had my hypothesis, but I'd rather avoid sharing for now since they're baseless suppositions.

He left, or as he prefers to refer to it as "graduated", the White Room two years ago, a year before my escape and a few months before our enrollment at Advanced Nurturing High School promising to return and make me escape in less than a year, so he did... I escaped when the accident, that passed down the record as the Tragedy of White Room, happened.

I'm not trying to put on an act by saying that I don't get scared easily, but what I saw that day is still stamped vividly in my mind... just recalling gives me a bad aftertaste.