6.5. Midterm afterwards

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color

Horikita POV

I can't understand them. If they have the potential why not use it? 

It was shocking to find out that the class I was placed in was the worst. And when I tried to get some answers from the teacher I left with more questions.

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and (Y/n) (L/n) were hiding something. The former seems the kind of person who doesn't want to stand out, everything he did was average. The latter was the one I couldn't understand the most. His actions didn't seem to follow logic, it was like he was pushing ahead by only guts. His scores and how he barely passed the last mock exam looked all calculated. Unlike the former, he didn't try to hide apparently his ability.

He said that everyone in class D was defective in some way, then, I wonder what was his flaw.

He was hedonistic, but I didn't feel like that was all, compared to Koenji's arrogance he was quite mild.

They were also good fighters who were able to stand against my brother. But when I enquired, they just shrugged it off.

Then there's also the midterm strategy. I don't think it was Kushida's idea. To find out about the loophole in the system a day before the exams was weird, definitely not something that she could pull off. I have my suspicions about Ayanokouji and (L/n), but neither of them seemed close enough to Kushida. Ayanokouji was my main suspect, to let someone else take credit for his plan matched his nature to not stand out. (L/n) would most likely just reveal his plan haughtily to the class, at least that's the impression I have of him.

In any case, if I wanted to reach class A, I had to do something about my current situation. First and foremost, I need pawns I can use. Ayanokouji and (L/n) were essential to help me reach my goal.

Ichinose POV

It was the day they announced the results of the midterm exams. The atmosphere in class was heavy, who could blame them, a failing grade meant expulsion. To avoid such an outcome, we studied very hard thanks to everyone's cooperation. 

The teacher was late yet again. we got used to it, but today the waiting was very harsh.

The door was opened by a very tired-looking teacher.

"Good morning everyone. Are you in high spirits too?" she yawned.

"You look very sleepy, Hoshinomiya-sensei."

"Yeah, I had some things. Yesterday I drank too much..."

"Eww, you stink of alcohol! You stink of alcohol, teacher!" Chihiro, who was sitting at the front, complained.

"It's nothing, it's nothing. I will probably not smell at noon."

She wasn't the finest example for a teacher, I actually saw her hit on some boys from our grade...

"I will announce the results of the midterm exams." she pinned the results on the blackboard, "You all passed, good job!"

Cheers could be heard from all over the class.

"We did Ichinose! It's all thanks to you!" Chihiro who got up from her seat hugged me.

"What are you saying? It was the result of our joint effort," I just helped study along with the other academically proficient members of our class.