6. Midterm

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color

Kiyotaka POV

8 years ago

"Line up."

As for our daily routine, we lined up for the call, nothing new in my life in the White Room.

"Before starting today's training program, a new "product" will join you."

After the instructor said that, the metallic white door revealed a girlish... no, a boyish figure around my age. I mistakenly thought he was a girl due to his delicate facial trait. His fair porcelain skin with his well-defined eyelashes and his soft-curved jawline didn't help the misunderstanding. He had shoulder-length uncombed (H/c) hair and crimson red eyes. He wore a medical gown just like us; his body was covered with bandages.

"..."

He didn't let out even the smallest sound, he just stood there perfectly still as a perfect soldier waiting for orders.

"Line up with the others."

After a small nod, he proceeded to follow the order. He was far away from me, so I couldn't observe him, but it didn't matter since all of them, especially those who weren't born in the facility, wouldn't have lasted for a long time.

As part of our morning routine, we had a long session of workouts that involved the development of the whole body. The White Room was planning to create the perfect product which excelled in academics and athletics. I was a cut above everyone else, nobody could keep up with me but Shiro, well, at least till that moment.

I noticed that the newcomer didn't even break a sweat after our spartan warmup. I was definitely staring too much, his eyes met mine. He approached me carefreely.

"You're shallow. Your eyes have such a darkness and yet, you're neither hope nor despair," he stated.

What hope was there in such an environment, and what was the point to feel despair about it? I couldn't see through him at all.

"Your name."

"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji," I replied.

"Ayanokouji, just like the Professor. No wonder you look like him," he nodded.

"And what's your name?"

He rubbed his chin while thinking, was he suffering some memory loss? 

"Izuru- no, there's no value in my name anymore. It's (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n). Nice to meet you."

He knew about my father, he confirmed that he wasn't like anyone else. Soon, that day, I would have witnessed the abnormality of that new boy.

"We have a sparring session, do you want to spar with me?" I challenged him, and he promptly accepted.  I wanted to test him and see his potential.

I got completely beaten. He moved better than all the martial arts masters who sparred with me, I wasn't able to follow up on his movements at all, if I had to describe it in one word I would say that he was unpredictable.  

"That was a good match," I commented. 

"I just caught you off, the same trick won't work on you the next time. You're stronger than me," he stated.