3. The calm before the storm

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color

(Y/n) POV

At around 1 PM, we reached the dorms. I didn't expect that they were coed since illicit relationships were forbidden... so I wonder if I should invite girls in my room for day and night activities. 

After the receptionist gave us our key cards and information manual, we got on the elevator.

As I flipped the manual I quickly read all of it. There are no limits on gas and electricity usage. I thought they'd subtract our points based on the amount we'd used; the school was being too lenient, definitely nothing wrong with it.

"What's your room number?" I asked Kiyo.

"I got room 401, what about you?"

"I got room 402, we're neighbors, nice."

Unlike what you might think, my room wasn't next to his but, as many dorms and hotels where from a side there are odd-numbered rooms and even-numbered from the other side, opposite to it. 

The school provided us with a room of about 8 tatami mats with a kitchenette and AC included. I checked carefully my room. No wiretaps detected, just in case someone might spy on us, the room isn't soundproof, you can easily eavesdrop if you lean on the door.

It was still early, what should I do? I haven't eaten yet, maybe I could prepare a quick meal to enjoy with Kiyo, then take a stroll on the campus, that will do for now.

The first day has concluded with no surprises.

The next day

The second day of school and the first day of classes went quite smoothly, the majority of the day was spent going over policies and rules. I noticed the teachers had been quite lenient with my classmates, they ignored infractions such as the use of phones during classes, chatting, and sleeping. Sudou was literally sleeping like a log, and even though they noticed him, they let him be.

It was lunchtime, I saw different students go to eat with their friends. Unlike Kiyo who still hadn't made a friend, I've started to build a net of acquaintances, only those I recognize worthy can be defined as friends. As expected, Hirata was pretty popular with our female classmates, although it pained me to admit he was having more success than me. I wouldn't say I was in a pitiful state like Kiyo, my classmates probably still felt a bit uneasy talking to me due to my status. I think it will take a few days before upperclassmen come to look for me trying to gain my favor since they are close to graduation, and securing a spot in the group would be advantageous for them.

"Kiyo, let's go to the cafeteria," I had prepared our lunch, so there was no need to go there, I was just curious about what kind of food they served.

As we were about to head to the cafeteria, a girl called us out.

"What is it, Kushida?" 

She was the girl who left the best impression on the class. Now that I looked at her closer, she had some fine curves but I'm not interested in girls like her. 

"Actually... I would like to ask you something. By any chance, are you two on good terms with Horikita?"

"Of course... not. You should try to ask someone else."