2. Welcome to class D

(Y/n)= Your name

(L/n)= Last name

(H/c)= Hair color

(E/c)= Eyes color

(F/c)= Favourite color

(Y/n) POV

Kiyo and I reached our classroom, class 1-D, and walked over to the seats with our nameplates on them. Each class is formed of forty students, Kiyo got the seat in the back of the room next to the window, lucky bastard, and as for me, I sat next to him.

"Lucky you, you got the protagonist seat," I frowned but he didn't answer. I know he doesn't talk much and sucks at socializing, however, he would reply if someone talked to him first. He seemed troubled, he's been uneasy since we set foot in the classroom.

"Having cold feet?" I asked and he nodded. 

"Starting from now, our school life will begin, right?"

"Go on."

"If I fail to make some friends, a miserable school life will await me."

"Pretty much."

Yeah, although you can't tell from his apathetic face and emotionless eyes, Kiyo was looking forward to living an ordinary school life, hanging out with friends, making memories, and enjoying his youth.

"Even if you screw up, I'll still be your friend," I reassured him giving him a strong pat on the back. 

We must stick together, after all, we know about each other backgrounds, so we're kinda leverage for blackmailing each other... just kidding, we're best buddies, and if we have to face each other, we'll fight fair and square using every piece/tool we have in our arsenal.

"Thanks," he slightly curled up his lips.

"But wouldn't it be lonely to have just one friend?" he pointed out.

"Better one true friend rather than hundred fake friends," I stated. True friends are those who will never leave in the moment of need and they'll always be there for you, while fakers will abandon you in the moment of need or when they've finished taking advantage of you. Trust me, when I say that high society is a place where humans step on each other feet while smiling. There've been countless people who approached me for my wealth and status, they never had any pure intentions, and they were all relationships built on their self-interest. 

The worst part is when they tried to strengthen their "friendship" with my family using that mean, marriage. Is it surprising that in our modern society there're still arranged engagements and marriages? All marriages in high society are like this though, I mean, just like in the past marriages between nobles were made to strengthen their households, so why can't big shots increase their influence through marriages in the modern era? The most ridiculous marriage proposal I have ever received would have made me marry the daughter of a huge corporation. The problem is... I dunno maybe she is like five years old (I refused of course)?! Truly, how far can humans go for money and power? 

"True, then, I'm looking forward to our next three years,"

"Likewise, try to not fall behind cuz' I'm gonna go all out," I smugly smirked. 

"That's my line," he fist-bumped me.

"Anyway, who's sitting on my other side... tch," I clicked my tongue finding out who my other desk mate was, the "Crime and Punishment" girl. Out of the four classes, why did she have to be in my class and next to me, she seems so unsocial and boring!