Chapter 07: Tell it to the Frogs Pt2

The next morning....

With Delilah
I woke up early and Amy gave me some clothes to wear, and I started helping with laundry.

With Delilah I woke up early and Amy gave me some clothes to wear, and I started helping with laundry

A little while later.....

Rick wakes up and he walks out and sees that Carl and Sophia are playing while Delilah is doing laundry at the edge of camp with Amy. Carol greets him "Morning" "Morning" "They're still a little damp. The sun'll have 'em dry in no time" Carol explains as she gestures to Rick's uniform "You washed my clothes?" Rick asks and Carol shrugs "Well, best we could. Scrubbing on a washboard ain't half as good as my old maytag back home" Rick smiles nonetheless "That's very kind. Thank you."

Rick approaches Glenn who is visibly upset that Dale has torn apart some of the spare parts on the car that he brought in "Look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean" Glenn says bitterly "Generators need every drop of fuel they can get. Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn" Dale says "Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days" Glenn sighs "Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday" Rick says sympathetically as Lori appears out of no where near the laundry line with Amy and Delilah.

"Morning, officer" Lori greets "Hey" Rick says as he approaches her Delilah looks up upon hearing Rick's voice and asks "You sleep okay?" Rick smiled at Delilah's concern "Better than in a long time, how about you?" Delilah shrugged and said "I got up with the sun. We didn't want to wake you. We all figured you could use it" Delilah pauses and looks over Rick's face "You've been thinking about Merle Dixon, haven't you?"

Lori tunes into the conversation as she tears away her heated glare on Delilah's form to look at Rick "You're not serious!" Lori scolded, but got interrupted when Shane drives back to the camp with water from a direction close to where Lori appeared from making Delilah's eyes narrow in suspicion before shaking her head "Water's here, y'all! Just a reminder to boil before use" Shane calls before walking over to Lori and Rick who are starting a heated discussion.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" Lori demands "Asking" Rick replies as Lori scoffs "Well, I think it's crazy. I think it is just the stupidest way to break your son..." Suddenly, the group hears screaming. "Dad! Lily!" Carl cries "Carl?!" Lori, Shane, Rick, and Delilah say at once. Everyone starts to race down to the screaming "Dad!" Carl sobs as they appear near him "Baby!" Carol calls "Mama! Mommy!" Sophia runs into her mother's arms while Carl runs to Delilah earning a nasty look from Lori, but Delilah is to busy fussing over Carl to care.

"Rick!" Delilah shouts upon seeing the problem Rick hears Delilah's tone and grabs a pole and runs down to the site. When he gets there he asks "You okay?" As he scans his two children for injuries Delilah nods "I've got him. I've got him" then turns to Carl and shushes him before asking "No bites or scratches, right?" Carl shakily mumbles into Delilah's collarbone "No, I'm okay" Delilah begins her purring hum as she rubs his back sympathetically. Lori glared jealously from the sidelines seeing how Carl ran to this stranger instead of his own mother for comfort.