Chapter 11: Wild fires Pt1

Rick stares at a sunrise over Atlanta as he tries to reach Morgan on the walkie-talkie "Morgan, I don't know if you're out there. I don't know if you can hear me. Maybe you're listening right now. I hope so. I found others... my family, if you can believe it. My wife and son, they're alive. I wanted you to know that. There's something else you need to know. Atlanta isn't what we thought. It's not what they promised. The city is... Do not enter the city. It belongs to the dead now. We're camped a few miles northwest, up by a big abandoned rock quarry. You can see it on a map. I hope you come find us. But be careful. Last night walkers came out of the woods. We lost people. Watch yourself, Morgan. Take care of your boy. I'll try you again tomorrow at dawn."

Back at camp Andrea keeps vigil over her sister Amy with Delilah by her side. Andrea and Amy thanked her multiple times for saving Amy's life. Delilah sighs after the 100th 'thank you' and stands up and embraces the blonde sisters "You're welcome, now please stop thanking me" Andrea goes to protest but Delilah pulls away and waves her hand before going back to make crosses out of sticks and carving the names of the dead on each one to make a headstone for them.

"If you really want to thank me then go around and collect things from our dead that I can tie around the crosses. Bandannas, ribbons, watches, bracelets, or necklaces will do" Delilah says, upon hearing the word 'necklace' Andrea remembers what day it is and her present for Amy. In all the craziness she almost forgot.

Andrea grabs her sister and calls over her shoulder "You got it Wonder Woman!" The nickname makes Delilah laugh and yell "I actually prefer Supergirl!" She says as she remembers one of the few blonde superheroes. Lori suddenly approaches her "I know what you're trying to do" Lori states, making Delilah look up at her in confusion "And that would be...?" "Earning the camp's trust, so Rick will notice you more" Lori accuses.

Delilah let's out a startled laugh and says "Your kidding me, right?" "Don't think, that I don't see the way you look at him. He's my husband in case you forgot, and I want you to stay away from him and our son. That's my family, not yours!" Lori hisses venomously, Delilah stands up and closes the distance between her and Lori "That's real rich coming from you Lori" she says quietly.

Lori scoffs and asks "What's that supposed to mean?" Delilah looks her dead in the eye and says "I'm talking about how the smell of Shane and sex follows you around like a cloud" Lori looks stunned as Delilah continues "You know, on our way here Rick promised me that I would get a family. A father, a mother, and a younger brother, but instead I got a father and a brother and a nasty bitch that wants to stand here and accuse me of trying to steal her husband that she's been cheating on with his best friend!"

Lori stammers but Delilah continues "You and Shane need to sit Rick down and tell him the truth before he finds out on his own. It'd be better to hear it from the source, don't you think? And as for the 'look' that I give Rick. It's a look of admiration, respect, and security because he saved my life and adopted me as his daughter and that is the only thing going on between me and Rick. So get your head out of the gutter, and stop pushing your guilty conscious on me."

Delilah walks back over to her sticks and knife and gathers them up before walking up the cliff to finish her job elsewhere. Leaving behind an embarrassed and enraged Lori.

The survivors of the attack start to clean up, burning the walker bodies and burying the dead from their group. Daryl swings at dead walkers' heads with a pickaxe as Glenn and T-Dog throw bodies in a fire. "Wake up, Jimbo! We've got some work to do!" Daryl calls out, as he and Morales drag the body of a dead camper toward the fire "Thanks, thanks" Morales says to Daryl but stops when Glenn says "What are you guys doing? This is for geeks. Our people go over there" he says pointing up the hill "What's the difference? They're all infected" Daryl grunts out.