Chapter 7: Kidnapping-time

The weeks after their horrendous hunting trip were awful. The entire camp had been devastated at the news of the "undergrounders" kidnapping of one of their own. George, Karl and Quackity had gotten to face the consequences of their decision to bring Ophelia with them. Philza hadn't even tried to hide his disappointment at the failed mission. However, he did catch them some slack regarding the fact that before this moment, the undergrounders had never bothered them.

Karl was a wreck, his parents kept going on about how he'd failed his entire family. His mother had refused to talk with him during the first week after the incident. The guilt ate the boys up from the inside. George knew that they'd made a mistake bringing her with them. Yet, he felt as though some of the criticism was a bit harsh. They'd never experienced a similar situation before and the undergrounders intentions had remained a mystery upon that point. 

For weeks, no more sighting of the kidnappers had been reported. Rescue missions were a reoccurring topic. Wilbur, Philza's right hand and son, had tried to come up with some sort of rescue plan, but because of the lacking knowledge regarding the enemy, nothing had been made. Tension and fear laid as a blanket over the camp. Karl started to keep more and more to himself, barely spoke and avoided all bigger gatherings. George and Quackity did their best to make him feel better, but nothing worked. The situation felt like an impossible mission. 

But one day, everything would change.

A sighting of armored men roaming the forest was reported. Philza had stated that everyone should keep themselves as hidden as possible. But the trio saw it as an opportunity to revenge Ophelia.

So, one night, they'd all decided to take matters into their own hands. When most of the camp was asleep, they'd put their plan in motion. They knew after their earlier encounter that these people didn't conceal their thoughts the same way they did, and would be able to track them in that way. Wilbur had regularly updated the camp on where these people most often had been spotted and warned people to stay out of these areas. With a map of spots with most sightings, some extra food supplies and different type of weapons, George, Karl and Quackity went into the dark forest in a quest for revenge.

Thanks to their advanced seeing, allowing them to see relatively well in darkness and letting their minds roam free it didn't take too long before a foreign presence appeared on their radar. Two men, relatively young sat by a fire. Quackity had mocked their stupidity. Lighting a fire in an unknown location and then both falling asleep.

"They most've left their brains in that fucking bunker." Both George and Karl had huffed in agreement. It was an extremely nonchalant move from the both men. The trio decided to make sure that they were truly asleep before launching their next move, which had landed on tying both the men to a tree in lack of better options. George had closed his eyes and let his mind find its way to the two undergrounders. He reached an unfamiliar mind. It felt extremely weird. Most of the people at the camp had some type of guard around their mind to make sure no one would snoop around without their permission. But this guy's mind was as an open book. It felt overwhelming at first. The guy's mind was laced with terror, most likely nightmares considering that he was asleep. Glimpses of what could be assumed to be the bunker. The little insight George got about the bunker made him feel nauseous, it looked like a sterile, colorless prison. Even though, everything felt overwhelming, another thing stood out. The boy's mind was filled calmness and curiosity, he seemed to enjoy the forest and a desire to explore the world was very prominent. George snapped back to reality. It was a shame; the boy didn't seem like a bad person and maybe in another life they could've been friends. But the pitiful thoughts left his brain when Quackity signaled that it was time to execute their plan. 

They entered the guys resting place and began their hostage-plan.